Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in - Get booted out too much

@newziesuzie wrote:

I don't get kicked out

i stay signed in all day.

I wonder why it's not everybody?

😕

I don't get kicked out either.  The problem may be with their computers or internet provider rather than with this website.  On my prior computer there was a setting on my virus protection software that was set to shut down web sites after a certain time of inactivity. It may be the website and, that is always what people blame first, but it could be a myriad of other issues.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Google Chrome remembers me every where else but here . I mean the username and password is remembered here, but, you have to click first on the username line, then, when the password pops in , click on sign in again.

@SharkE, I've noticed that.  It's actually a little more secure than other sites in that respect.  But it does help to have the browsers save login info, so if we do get kicked out we can easily click back in.

Thanks for the additional information.  You said you're using Windows 8.1 and Chrome.   Is your version of Chrome up-to-date?  Do you clear cookies/cache/data and close and relaunch the browser on a regular basis?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

I don't get kicked out

i stay signed in all day.

I wonder why it's not everybody?

😕

I don't get kicked out either.  The problem may be with their computers or internet provider rather than with this website.  On my prior computer there was a setting on my virus protection software that was set to shut down web sites after a certain time of inactivity. It may be the website and, that is always what people blame first, but it could be a myriad of other issues.  

That's another good point, @scotnovel.  Since I use Apple devices and no extra software running for virus protection, etc., that could play a role.  Also, this problem might be a function of a person's internet connection dropping out combined with security settings regarding inactivity.  That's why it helps so much to know the details when technical problems are reported.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Google Chrome remembers me every where else but here . I mean the username and password is remembered here, but, you have to click first on the username line, then, when the password pops in , click on sign in again.

@SharkE, I've noticed that.  It's actually a little more secure than other sites in that respect.  But it does help to have the browsers save login info, so if we do get kicked out we can easily click back in.

Thanks for the additional information.  You said you're using Windows 8.1 and Chrome.   Is your version of Chrome up-to-date?  Do you clear cookies/cache/data and close and relaunch the browser on a regular basis?

I believe Chrome updates it's self. I run Ccleaner, Avast Free virus, superspyware, and malwarebytes. Delete browsing history daily, also.

If I would have to guess I think this site just wants to know how many times you check in, what your looking at, etc.