Super Contributor

I'm putting out an idea I had the other day with regard to the shipping/return shipping prices on QVC.

Would you be interested in joining a sort of shipping club in which you pay a membership fee similar to Amazon Prime's Try it Before You Buy It?  With free shipping to you and if you don't like it, return within seven days and don't get charged for returns?

The reason I ask, is I have hard to fit feet and though I like a lot of the shoes I see on QVC, I hesitate to order because I know at least 50% of the time, something won't be right with them and to ship them back is so expensive.  I use Zappos for my shoes  usually, but notice their selection isn't always the cutest styles.

QVC may find more people will purchase if they know they won't be charged for shipping and returns.  I suppose they will sink that cost into the purchase price, though!  But really, if Zappos and Amazon can do it, why can't QVC?  Not a big enough corporation?

Please share your thoughts/ideas on this.  I really want to know.

Honored Contributor

Just as an aside.....I also have somewhat hard to fit feet.  But whenever I see shoes I liike on QVC, I can usually then find them on Amazon.  Often a lower price and no shipping.

Super Contributor

I finally realized some of the shoes are on Zappos and now check for them first before buying from QVC.  I'm on Amazon shoes right now.  Crazy thing, my son outgrew some Skechers Go Walk in size 8 and I'm wearing them without trouble. Maybe I should order mens'?

Honored Contributor

I doubt that Qurate has the assets to support "personalized service"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Absolutely NOT.

I will never pay a membership fee to anyone.

I wait for free shipping days mostly, but I don't find $3.50 - $5.50 unreasonable.

I have paid super high shipping charges myself....and QVC shipping rates are extremely low.

Handbags?  Are ya kidding?  Have not purchased one new purse since the shipping is so high.  Don't even bother on free shipping days anymore...broke that purse habit!  LOL

I WOULD prefer free shipping on orders over $49 let's say....many other vendors have that feature.

I rarely have to return, so the return fees are not really important to me.

Honored Contributor

@timeless   Your idea has been suggested numerous times in the past. Obviously, QVC is not in favor of the idea. I'm guessing a corporation would have to be the size of Wal-Mart or Amazon to sustain such an arrangement and make it profitable.  You don't see many such plans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@timeless   Absolutely NOT

Honored Contributor

No for me.  I don't buy enough to benefit from paying a fee .

Super Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I WOULD prefer free shipping on orders over $49 let's say....many other vendors have that feature.

I agree with @RespectLife on this.

Also, I spend entirely too much money here & get ZERO perks for it.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Just as an aside.....I also have somewhat hard to fit feet.  But whenever I see shoes I liike on QVC, I can usually then find them on Amazon.  Often a lower price and no shipping.

Shoes.com can also beat Q's prices. I always price shop too.