Contributor

I would like to make a suggestion to QVC since I have read several complaints about the shipping charges.  Years ago, if a customer purchased multiples of the same item, they recived half off the shipping on the additional items.  This would intice buyers to maybe purchase more.  After watching Isaac Mizrai for years, he encourages buying multiples of "Essentials"  (tees, slacks, sweaters, etc.) which I frequently do. Since multiples purchased of the same item are shipped in the same package, it would make more sense!

Honored Contributor

@Tulip fanThat would save shoppers a little bit, but years ago when that was the policy, I never had a top or my heavy cosmetic sship for $3 or $3.50.

Honored Contributor

@Tulip fan.  You need to understand thst QVC depends heavily on profits from s&h to balance the books.  If they wanted the kind of arrangement you mention, they wouldn't have changed to what we have now.  They lost money last quarter so I doubt there's a chance they are going to tamper with a structure that's favorable to them.  More likely shipping rates would increase.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was actually thinking about your topic this morning before reading this post.  If I had half-off shipping on a second of the same item number, I would be more enticed to buy another (of course I don’t want two of everything but sometimes I think it would be nice to have a couple of a basic). As the shipping policy is now, I don’t buy two.   And I was wondering if the money the Q lost on the half-off shipping would be more than made up by the mark-up of the item that I would not otherwise buy if it hadn’t been for the half-off shipping.  Just my thoughts (which may be flawed 😃). 

Respected Contributor

@Tulip fan   With all due respect, the part yuo're missing here is that the shipping charge is not really a shipping charge.  It actually includes part of the cost of purchasing the item.  If they lowered the shipping charges in any way, they would have to increase the prices to compensate.  When I look at a product, I automatically factor in the shipping for the item and think of that number as the total price.

Laura loves cats!