Honored Contributor

Re: STOP SHIPPING HANDING UPS TO USPS

@Didiville.  UPS seems to have the option of delivering if they wish.  In my area they'll deliver if there is more than one package per trip to one address.  They of course get paid extra for the delivery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Didiville 

I would imagine it's less costly, the reason why QVC chooses to use it.  

You can bypass USPS by signing up for UPS Choice Prime.  UPS will skip USPS and deliver directly to you.

It's been working great for me; however, while UPS SurePost is upgraded to UPS delivery, UPS Mail Innovations is not.

"The main difference between UPS Mail Innovations and UPS SurePost is their specialty in the types of packages they process. UPS Mail Innovations - best for smaller and lighter packages that weigh less than one pound. UPS SurePost - best for heavier packages within the 2-20 pound range."

It is $40 a year.  Sometime during Thanksgiving and Christmas, UPS ran a special for $19 a year.  Maybe, they will again this year.  

@Foxxee - In case you didn't know (and for anyone else who may be interested), the UPS My Choice Premium service is now only $19.99 per year; the price officially changed in November. I was very pleased to learn about this decrease in price since I've been using the service for a couple of years now and it's GREAT.

P.S. The rate for upgrading individual packages if you only have a basic UPS My Choice account increased from $3.50 to $7.99 per occurrence—which makes it totally worthwhile to make the move to a Premium account if you think you'd want to upgrade even three packages over the course of a year.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Didiville 

You can bypass USPS by signing up for UPS Choice Prime.  UPS will skip USPS and deliver directly to you.

It's been working great for me; however, while UPS SurePost is upgraded to UPS delivery, UPS Mail Innovations is not.

"The main difference between UPS Mail Innovations and UPS SurePost is their specialty in the types of packages they process. UPS Mail Innovations - best for smaller and lighter packages that weigh less than one pound. UPS SurePost - best for heavier packages within the 2-20 pound range."

It is $40 a year.  Sometime during Thanksgiving and Christmas, UPS ran a special for $19 a year.  Maybe, they will again this year.  

@Foxxee - In case you didn't know (and for anyone else who may be interested), the UPS My Choice Premium service is now only $19.99 per year; the price officially changed in November. I was very pleased to learn about this decrease in price since I've been using the service for a couple of years now and it's GREAT.

P.S. The rate for upgrading individual packages if you only have a basic UPS My Choice account increased from $3.50 to $7.99 per occurrence—which makes it totally worthwhile to make the move to a Premium account if you think you'd want to upgrade even three packages over the course of a year.

@loriqvc 

Wow!  Thanks for letting us know.  

Trusted Contributor

I miss the old days at QVC when you could choose your delivery method. It was worth it to me to pay a little extra in shipping charges to bypass USPS and ship UPS Ground. 
Even with a paid UPS My Choice Premium account, many things are sent Mail Innovations, which isn't upgraded. It's unfortunate that the smaller packages ship MI. Nothing like leaving the fate of a not inexpensive jewelry purchase to the whims of USPS. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed three orders on the 23rd, all from the same product line.  They were shipped together (free shipping).

They were shipped on the 24th, first via UPS, then transferred to the post office.  The box was on my doorstep this morning.  I'd call that a remarkably fast delivery!

I do think QVC is working on getting deliveries handled more quickly.

(Another order placed on the 14th, was shipped on the 16th and delivered on the 19th.  Again, free shipping.)

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Didiville 

You can bypass USPS by signing up for UPS Choice Premium.  UPS will skip USPS and deliver directly to you.

Update:

It was $40, now $19 a year.  That's a good deal.  Under normal conditions, delivery is 1-2 days sooner bypassing USPS.  USPS has not returned to normal, yet.  

I paid the $19 a couple of months ago and am glad I did. 

Respected Contributor

I too absolutely hate UPS Mail Innovations and wish they'd give us other iptions. And I don't see how they're saving money in the long run when they have to send out replacements and issue refunds for lost mdse, which has happened with me.

Honored Contributor

But why do this with perishable items?  My bagels, which was a replacement order that arrived late, was do to be delivered yesterday, 2-27.  I tracked it yesterday and see that the bagels are expected on 3-4.  Ship date was 2-25, I believe.  Stale bagels for sure.  Gonna have to call again about the same item but......

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

But why do this with perishable items?  My bagels, which was a replacement order that arrived late, was do to be delivered yesterday, 2-27.  I tracked it yesterday and see that the bagels are expected on 3-4.  Ship date was 2-25, I believe.  Stale bagels for sure.  Gonna have to call again about the same item but......

You'll have stale bagels AGAIN.  I would ask to cancel all together.  I'm hesitant to buy food from home shopping channels for this reason.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

When that happens usually it has to do with weight. Something really light goes to mail innovations. I use UPS My Choice all the time. Love it! Who wants to have a package sitting outsie all day? I schedule when I know I'll be here.