Honored Contributor

I received an email this morning for something I ordered, not from QVC. 

"Thank you for your order! We wanted to let you know that your order (#) was prepared to ship using USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 4/29/2016. We have printed the shipping label and your order will be leaving our warehouse shortly. Your order will arrive in approximately 5-7 business days."

Since this is what is actually occurring, with USPS  *or* UPS, it would be a lot more accurate/honest if QVC's "Your Item Has Shipped!!" email stated the above, which is the truth.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: SHIPPING NOTIFICATION BLURB

@MoonchilIde  I know this matters to some buyers.   It does not matter to me.  I get all my packages prior to their EDD no matter which service is used. 

Further, ever since the time my UPS driver denied he's delivered my package to the wrong address when I saw him deliver something and my package was marked delivered at that time, I no longer trust him -  wouldn't pay a cent extra for their service.

It's interesting to me that ever since that day, that same driver who still has this route, virtually always just leaves my packages with no knock, no ring of the bell  -  as if he doesn't really want to face me  --  whereas the drivers working the route at my little apartment always signal when they're leaving a package. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't stalk my packages from the moment that it leaves the wearhouse, until it gets to my door.

I figure that it'll get to me, when it gets to me.

I'm not uptight about the delivery.

I order my gifts well in advance, and If I need something by tomorrow, I shop locally.

I don't need something delivered to my door, five minutes after I complete the transaction.

I remember in the '70's and/or 80's, seeing commercials for products, that you could buy, by calling a 1-800 number, and at the end of the ad, the voice over would say, "Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for delivery".

My, but how spoiled we have become, wanting our items five minutes after compleating the transaction!

Woman Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the record, I pretty much don't care when my packages arrive either. But I thought the notation I received from the other company was refreshing 'Truth in Advertising' compared to QVC's flat "It's SHIPPED!!!" when everyone knows it hasn't, and won't for a while. The need to deliberately lie about it is...odd.

I was quite content with the notice I received, giving me all the info I needed. Why couldn't QVC do the same is what I wonder. It never was about me hanging out at the mailbox every day, but rather why try to consistently make things seem imminent when everyone knows that actual delivery will be comparatively way down the road. Just seems tacky to me. I simply liked how the other company dealt with shipping realistically in one short, neat paragraph.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all