Valued Contributor

When QVC issues a refund, it would be nice if they also refunded any tax they applied to the charge they refunded. How can you keep tax on a charge you did not keep? 

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

When QVC issues a refund, it would be nice if they also refunded any tax they applied to the charge they refunded. How can you keep tax on a charge you did not keep? 

I always request a refund plus tax. If I don't request it they don't issue it. Not sure why that is. 

Honored Contributor

The tax is paid to the State you live in....it's an "EXTRA" accounting function.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I get tax refunded.  But what isn't refunded is the shipping charge.

Valued Contributor

Ladies, how do you request that tax be refunded?  Do you have to call CS on each return?  

Trusted Contributor

I've never received a refund without the tax.  What I haven't been refunded is the tax I paid on the original shipping charge.  

Valued Contributor

I just checked a recent return of mine and the tax was refunded.  Of course, the s/h was not refunded as per usual policy.  Good point though, got me thinking!

Esteemed Contributor

Seems that you have to contact QVC returns or Social team on getting your money  back  on returns   not being charged return shipping on  exchanges  or being charged return shipping on items you return via self pay .

Also, the refunds are not detailed  so  You as the Customer have to figure out if you've been  gyped. That takes an extra email to QVC to ask for the details.

For these reasons , I  have lost my taste  for QVC . These business practices and having to contact them  for everything makes the company seem as they are not a reputable company .

Honored Contributor

Perhaps this is a state by state issue?  I just chalk up minor amounts like this to the cost of doing business.  No way am I going to police this stuff.  I don't have an accounting brain, I have a spend money brain.  

Returned an item and waiting 2 months for my refund. The issue has been escalated 3 times but has not been resolved. Worst customer service ever. Hope to get my refund soon. Will call every day until I get it!!!