Contributor

If I knew where/if QVC made it possible to register customer comments about hosts in a more discreet manner than a Forum or a Blog, I would use it. If anyone knows of such a site, I would really like to know about it. I know we all have our individual host preferences - except for David Venable, who I think is loved by everyone! I started out liking Jane Treacy but she has been so visible recently - she seems to be on air every time I switch on QVC - and I am completely turned off by her hyper-personality. Someone at QVC needs to tell her to tone it down. I can't listen to her long enough to purchase anything she's presenting. For goodness sake, Jane, CHILL!

Honored Contributor

With all due respect, I'm not sure they necessarily want us rating hosts... I'd guess they assume we're welcome to watch those we enjoy or not watch those we don't... As for David, he's not universally loved... I used to like him, but have gotten so a very little bit of David goes a very long way!

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It seems lately the monitors on this site will not let any thing that's not positive be said about the hosts. There was a whole thread deleted about LR and it started out positive and then started to get real and they deleted the post. I would just not watch or buy anything from a host that annoys me.

Honored Contributor

Their sales numbers is all the ranking they need.

Super Contributor

That would just be personal opinion which is totally useless. I'm sure they go by sales numbers rather than the pettiness of who doesn't like who.

Honored Contributor

So I wonder, when a thread about Lisa starts to get 'real' does that mean it starts to get nasty...?

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
A good, question, getting real, in who's, opinion? I'm fine with QVC evaluating their Hosts. If my evaluation is, that I don't care to watch Someone, I just won't watch!
Honored Contributor
On 11/24/2014 stevieb said:

So I wonder, when a thread about Lisa starts to get 'real' does that mean it starts to get nasty...?

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}I was wondering the same thing, stevieb!

On the topic, I agree with others who said the hosts are ultimately "rated" by their sales. I strongly suspect that's why some of those who seemed to be favorites of posters (Dave James, for example) are no longer with the Q.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
They have their own objective way of rating the hosts. They're not interested in subjective opinions that would be all over the place. That obvious because complaints are totally ignored.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine anonymous posts being used to rate hosts. I sure wouldn't want nameless people impacting my performance reviews. I can't imagine the OP would either.