Respected Contributor

Re: QVC needs a better way to handle exchanges.

@cotto22

You are so right.  I recently sent back an item to exchange for a different color.  Well according to the tracking it sat at my post office for 3 days, then it went to Lancaster, PA which is only a 3-hour drive from my house and it took 6 days to get there!  Then it went to York, PA - not that far from Lancaster and that took another day.  All in all, it was 10 days to get to York PA and I only live in NJ.  That is just awful!  Luckily my item was still available and it finally just came today.  It should not take 2 weeks to get your exchange.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99

I just exchanged something and the way it works is they send the new item and you are not charged anything additional.  So, whatever your invoice says for the original item is what you still pay; nothing more or nothing less.  You are not charged for the label to return the item you are exchanging.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

If you really want the new item, order it now and eat the postage.  If you don't particularly care if you get the new one or not, gamble on the exchange.  Look at it this way, if it sells out you have that money to spend on something else. 

I agree with @depglass.  If there is an item you really want, place a new order and do a return on the other one.  If you're not concerned with time or you can live without this product, take the gamble and do the exchange.

Honored Contributor

Many companies use a third party to pick up packages at a post office and deliver to them to the returns dept.  Some of these third parties pick up only once or twice a week, sometimes less.  I found this out with a return to Lands End a while back.

Honored Contributor

I agree, go to the HSN system.  For years I bit the bullet with QVC, ordering and paying for a new item first.  So with all the new free exchange hype, I tried it.  It was in stock the day I sent the item, but out the day they processed my return.  With HSN system, I would have gotten my item.  Color me not impressed.