Valued Contributor

QVC needs a better way to handle exchanges.

I am happy that QVC has a free exchange policy, since it is difficult to gauge whether a garment will fit you when sometimes the size chart does not seem to accurately reflect the actual dimensions of what is received. However, whatever method QVC uses to get the item from the Post Office back to its warehouse has got to be the most inefficient and roundabout way ever created.

I dropped off a package with a dress that I would like to exchange for a smaller size on Thursday. The tracking still says that it is 'available for pick up'5 days later. Does that mean it is sitting at the post office awaiting some system to get it to another location that will get it back to QVC?

By the time it gets to QVC, they will probably be out of the size and color of what I want. It should not take weeks for a return or exchange to get back, regardless if the exchange is free, or you are paying to return an item.

When you return an item to Amazon, once the bar code is scanned at UPS, you immediately get credit for that item. Too bad that wouldn't work with QVC, and if they knew you wanted an exchange per a phone call or by email, they could begin that process.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC needs a better way to handle exchanges.

I agree that it does not seem like a very efficient system.  What I want to know is this -- if I want to exchange an item for a different size or color, and it is not available by the time they get to processing my return, do I still have to pay return shipping by it being deducted from my credit?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I believe the exchange is not totally free even if your exchange is successful. I think you still need to pay to return it, but you don't lose your original S&H and they don't charge you for them to send your exchange. QVC certainly is not going to lose money on the transaction.

Super Contributor

I tried to exchange a pair of sneakers for a different color and by the time they got back to QVC the color I wanted was sold out; and, yes I was charged the return shipping!! Terrible exchange system.

Honored Contributor

If you really want the new item, order it now and eat the postage.  If you don't particularly care if you get the new one or not, gamble on the exchange.  Look at it this way, if it sells out you have that money to spend on something else. 

Respected Contributor

@Deb0509 wrote:

I tried to exchange a pair of sneakers for a different color and by the time they got back to QVC the color I wanted was sold out; and, yes I was charged the return shipping!! Terrible exchange system.

@Deb0509 contact the Mods or call CS. You were not supposed to be charged return shipping evem if the exchange was sold out. You were only supposed to be out original shipping.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I believe the exchange is not totally free even if your exchange is successful. I think you still need to pay to return it, but you don't lose your original S&H and they don't charge you for them to send your exchange. QVC certainly is not going to lose money on the transaction.

@blackhole99 when doing an exchange for the same item number you are not charged to use the Q return label. It is an even exchange. You return using the label and they send out your replacement. If the item is notin stock then they will refund your money minus the original shipping. You do not pay the return label fee.

Respected Contributor

The exchange program is a good idea but, presently, poorly executed. Like having a car with no wheels.

Frequent Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I agree that it does not seem like a very efficient system.  What I want to know is this -- if I want to exchange an item for a different size or color, and it is not available by the time they get to processing my return, do I still have to pay return shipping by it being deducted from my credit?

In that case, return shipping is free, they do not charge you for return label.

I returned an irem for exchange about a month ago, but the item I needed was sold out

and they refund me full price minus original shipping fee ($3).

I used QVC return label but they did not charge for that Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 when doing an exchange for the same item number you are not charged to use the Q return label. It is an even exchange. You return using the label and they send out your replacement. If the item is notin stock then they will refund your money minus the original shipping. You do not pay the return label fee.

@DJs mom  You have to watch your returns/exchanges.  I have been charged return shipping when I returned an item for exchange and my request not available and refunded, with return shipping deducted.  When it does happen, I contact the QVC Social Team who refunds the return shipping cost.  But this system is not good, it needs to change--now they are partnered with HSN, let QVC use the same return/exchange system which is done online prior to you returning for exchange; this way you have your item exchanged immediately, it is shipped and all you do is return your unwanted item. You do not wait and wonder for 2 weeks to see if you will receive your requested exchange!