Super Contributor

I really enjoyed the couple of months I was able to view the videos. But, now they are right back to being blocked. I cannot accept or deny viewing them. I haven't done anything to my computer, so the change must have occurred when the tech did some more fiddling with the site.

Oh well, sure keeps the shopping down. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

Hi, MaggieToo!

I viewed several videos today on my iPad and iMac with no problems.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with them. I'm confused, though, since you say they've been working for a couple of months?

In your thread a couple of weeks ago in Electronics Talk on 8/19 (QVC Videos) you said you no longer could see any QVC videos.

After we established that your software was a bit old (you said "an older version of Safari," Snow Leopard 10.6.8 -- last updated over 3 years ago, and Adobe Flash Player 13.00.214), you said you'd try installing the newest version of Flash (which is 14.0.0.176 ).

Did you try the new version of Flash Player?

Unfortunately, at some point any website will stop offering compatibility with older software.

(I'm running the current iMac OS X, Mavericks: v. 10.9.4, Safari: v. 7.0.6.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I try to keep up to date with updates. Usually my computer tells me when I need a Flash update, and if I'm missing one, I'm only a few days behind. I was amazed that I could no longer see QVC videos recently, until I did a Flash update. They need us to be absolutely up to the minute with software or the site doesn't work.

Super Contributor

My Flash is 14.0. Is there a later version?

Honored Contributor
On 9/4/2014 MaggieToo said:

My Flash is 14.0. Is there a later version?

Yes, the one I mentioned in Post #1, v. 14.0.0.176. I'm not sure how old your version of Safari is, by the way, but eventually it won't be compatible with this website (and others).

(Current version of Firefox is 32.0, Chrome is 37.0.2062.94.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Looks like I can see them again. We'll see how long it lasts.

Honored Contributor
On 9/4/2014 MaggieToo said:

Looks like I can see them again. We'll see how long it lasts.

That's great, MaggieToo! I'm glad it worked to update Flash Player.Smile

Since you've reported this problem several times, you might want to consider setting the preferences to notify you when there's a new version available. This website, in particular, is really sensitive to older versions, as Clover29 said.

Contributor

they are gone Smiley Sad dumb move

Honored Contributor
On 9/8/2014 cindy sue said:

they are gone Smiley Sad dumb move

Hi, cindy sue! I'm sorry you're having trouble.

The videos are working with no problem for some of us. Perhaps you could specify what you see when you try to view one? And did you check to be sure all your software is current?

Honored Contributor

Please be sure to update Adobe Flash Player, new releases today:

"Adobe today released an updated Flash Player that patched a dozen vulnerabilities ... "