Super Contributor

For the longest time, I couldn't view them. Then a couple of months ago, I could without any problems. Now, I can't AGAIN. I don't understand this!!! Why can't I see the videos? The Adobe box is in the middle and when I click on either of the selections, nothing happens. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

Hi, MaggieToo! Sorry you're having problems. I know it's frustrating.

I just tried on my iMac and my iPad, and the videos look ok.

Did you try more than one browser? Is all your software up-to-date?

(Here's my software info: OS X (Mavericks): v. 10.9.4
Safari: v. 7.0.6
Firefox: v. 31.0
Chrome: v. 36.0.1985.143
Adobe Flash: v. 14.0.0.146
iPad: iOS v. 7.1.2
iPhone: iOS v. 7.1.2)

(If everything's current, try deleting cookies and cache, then quit the browser and relaunch.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

We need more information about what you're using to view it. Tell us what kind of Computer, Operating System and browser you're using and we might be more helpful.

When that happened to me, it was a Chrome issue and I had to adjust my Flash settings.

Honored Contributor
On 8/19/2014 MaggieToo said:

The Adobe box is in the middle and when I click on either of the selections, nothing happens. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Until you provide us w/your system info, update Adobe Flash Player and restart your computer in the meantime. This may be all you have to do.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

When using my old XP I couldn't view them either. Now with my new computer, all is fine. I suggest as the other replies... check your Adobe Flash, restart and check to make sure to check any settings to make sure you don't have any blocks, etc.

Honored Contributor

We've all said essentially the same thing.

This sort of problem usually requires the same basic trouble-shooting steps, and it normally turns out to be outdated software or the need to delete cookies, cache, and relaunch the browser.

This website, in particular, has a hard time working properly no matter what we do, though.

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I've deleted all the cookies, caches and history.

I am running an older version of Safari. 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

My Adobe flash is 13.00.214 which was installed last May.

I do have Chrome installed. 36.0.1985.143, and Firefox 31.0

I am just used to using Safari.....

The problem with the videos just happened this past week.

Honored Contributor

Hi, MaggieToo! Unfortunately, at some point any website will stop offering compatibility with older software.

I believe Snow Leopard was last updated over 3 years ago, and using the older version of Safari will be a problem.

An outdated version of Adobe Flash is a problem with any videos. Try updating it to see if that helps.

Super Contributor
On 8/19/2014 dooBdoo said:

Hi, MaggieToo! Unfortunately, at some point any website will stop offering compatibility with older software.

I believe Snow Leopard was last updated over 3 years ago, and using the older version of Safari will be a problem.

An outdated version of Adobe Flash is a problem with any videos. Try updating it to see if that helps.

"An outdated version of Adobe Flash is a problem with any videos. Try updating it to see if that helps."

I'll try this first. Thanks.

Honored Contributor
On 8/19/2014 dooBdoo said:

"An outdated version of Adobe Flash is a problem with any videos. Try updating it to see if that helps."

I'll try this first. Thanks.

Cool! I hope it does the trick for you, MaggieToo! Keeping my fingers crossed.Smile