Valued Contributor

As an OLDtime viewer I often see some items I like but do not order because I do not want a buffalo size box at my front door or a 10 x 14 rug standing against my garage door.  I also do not understand how to set up certain technology even when instructed.  And I do not want to assemble the back onto a base of a La-z-boy.  So when shipping gets back on track try offering those services we customers might want...for a fee of course.

Respected Contributor

Agreed - I have to look out for some of the same details you point out.  With all due respect, the Q does offer some of these services on some of their items.

Esteemed Contributor

With all due respect, slipping the back of the chair into the base, getting a carpet into the house, or customizing the settings on your electronic devices, these and the others are services you should look for locally...for a fee of course.

Frequent Contributor

I have this issue too. I am sure many do if they have arthritis or other dexterity issues or are facing senior citizens issues. Thanks for posting this.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

As an OLDtime viewer I often see some items I like but do not order because I do not want a buffalo size box at my front door or a 10 x 14 rug standing against my garage door.  I also do not understand how to set up certain technology even when instructed.  And I do not want to assemble the back onto a base of a La-z-boy.  So when shipping gets back on track try offering those services we customers might want...for a fee of course.

@Gabidog  Think about buying locally....these local businesses could do this for you. 

Honored Contributor

QVC is more interested in catering to its younger customers who are capable of doing these things for themselves.  I'm  a senior and also prefer doing them as they're very simple and it's costly to have to pay someone to do them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Once again the neggie  neggie anti poster critics abound.  Why can’t  a person just post a suggestion to QVC without the thumbs down to a  post posts?  If QVC has no interest in a suggestion they will dismiss it.  And yes of course there is a local option but not always!  There should be a QVC option for their customers.  When I buy furniture from Pottery Barn I have Pottery Barn arrange delivery service with locals...this is no different.

Trusted Contributor

Get with the program....

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog, I agree with you.. There are certain products that are beyond my ability and strength to carry inside and/or set up. I'm a senior and DH is disabled. It would be nice if the Q offered set-up services for some products, but since they don't, I don't order items requiring that. As long as I can drive, I'll find a local company who wil handle it for me.