Super Contributor

USPS is not Dependable For Me

[ Edited ]

mail.jpgplease stop using USPS or give us a choice!!
I can't keep ordering only to have the box left open and my packages stolen when delivered after dark. The next day I find this once again. They don't even bother to close the box.

Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname.  You need to take your complaint up with your local post master, not QVC.  You've obviously got a carrier who doesn't give a darn.....or someone else has checked out your mailbox and left it open.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

same thing has happened to me in Earleville Md. I've called PO 3 times. Could have cared less. The only solution is to stop ordering.

Honored Contributor

Knock on wood, I've not had a problem.  In fact, I'd rather have my items delivered USPS because they are put in my mailbox or the package doesn't fit, they put them behind a chair on my porch or cover with my door mat.

When items are delivered UPS, they are tossed on my porch, teatering on the very edge. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Knock on wood, I've not had a problem.  In fact, I'd rather have my items delivered USPS because they are put in my mailbox or the package doesn't fit, they put them behind a chair on my porch or cover with my door mat.

When items are delivered UPS, they are tossed on my porch, teatering on the very edge. 

Same here, I have no problem with USPS. FedEx is my main problem, they just can’t seem to find my house consistently. Also they rarely deliver at the promised time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

A complaint through USPS.com might get you results. That helped me when local USPS would not respond to a delivery problem. 

Honored Contributor

@10000thnicknameMaking a blanket stement like yours is a turn-off for me.

USPS in my areas (yes, I have 2 during different seasons) has been reliable and timely, too.

It's the same with the general shipping issues with QVC -  for some reason, my orders are arriving just as they have for at least the last 15 years -  before that, delivery took much longer.  And that was when QVC was perfect in so many minds!  NOT really.

Esteemed Contributor

My USPS remains excellent.

I have a new UPS driver who thinks "slapping the glass" equals knocking. (sigh)

My FedEx driver continues to be resistant about delivering to SIDE DOOR instead of throwing it at the front stoop.

Honored Contributor

At least your red flag is still on your mail box.  We have had three mail boxes destroyed by the postal carrier who stuffs heavy boxes containing car parts into the box so tightly that they are difficult to remove, instead of putting them on our porch.

This forcing of the packages breaks off the parts on the inside of the box that holds and supports the red flag.  Our last mail box we bought was very expensive.  It was bigger, heavier and sturdy. We thought we were safe..but no, that one was broken too.

To add insult to injury, we got a note asking us to get a mail box with a red flag or outgoing mail wouldn't be picked up.  We did not replace the broken mail box and don't intend to.  So far, out going mail is being picked up.

My neighbor had hers hit by the mail truck.  She made a complaint and was told it had to be destroyed by some other vehicle and the PO was not responsible.  She said she watched the " hit" from her window.

Honored Contributor

Our mailbox is 1/4 mile from our home and cannot be seen from the house. The problem is probably a local one that you have,but do not know what to tell you.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man