Honored Contributor

Here's another interesting thingie; ordered a book from E-Bay Sept.6,was in Grand Rapids MI and then sent to Pittsburgh. What? We are a few miles from Grand Rapids. This was done by USPS. Sent the seller a note.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: USPS is not Dependable For Me

You can email the postmaster general.  You will get results then.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I really feel bad for you. That is just awful and must be extremely frustrating! Even though you should not have to, perhaps shipping them to a friend or relative that lives close by with a more secure box. would enable you to continue ordering.

~~~Love is all we need💖

Frequent Contributor

I feel bad reading about your deliveries. My mailbox is attached to my house, on my front porch next to my front door, so my mailman delivers everything to my door. We didn't build this house but the mailbox is the original put there in the mid 40s when the house was built.  I've also had the same mailman for at least the last 16 years. I hope you all have your issues addressed and resolved. I can only imagine the frustration.

Esteemed Contributor

@10000thnickname  Call the USPS Customer Service 800 number and file a complaint.  Do that every time.  They even give you the option of having them call you within the hour.  My neighborhood has terrible service and we all just about have that number memorized.  The local post master will get back to you since the complaint is really against him/her.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Occasional Contributor

I  don't  know what the policy is now, as I have been retired for 15 yrs, but I am a 31 yr veteran of the postal service & I can tell you that in my day, if a carrier destroyed a mail box on their route, they had to replace it out of their own pocket. Try talking to the delivery supervisor at you local PO.

Honored Contributor

This is a local post office/carrier issue, not Q's issue.  Call your local post office. I recently had a problem with mail being delivered to the wrong place....same house number but a different street.  I called the post office and haven't had a problem since.  

Super Contributor

Sorry but I still think we should be given a shipping option even if the prices are not the same. My mail issues here have been going on for years. Even our Representative to Congress has taken them to task. It improves briefly then it reverts back. It's NOT going to improve after years of lousy service. 
So I'd love the option.
I see from reading posts some people have better USPS than UPS and vice versa.
How nice it would be if we could select our option. I think it would please a lot of customers.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if QVC would up shipping charges if they had options to choose UPS or Fed EX delivery so maybe that's one of the reasons why they only use USPS. 

Esteemed Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

How big was the box?  Maybe the carrier couldn't fit it in.  It's their job to deliver it.  If you have bad neighbors call the police or PO.  It's a federal offense to steal mail.  UPS or Fed Ex just leave it on the porch so that's not any better.  Maybe pony express???

The box is in the behind the stuff mail. It wasn't big.
I have great neighbors. But people do drive by at night and see a mailbox open with papers sticking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPS has always been okay for me. I am older with cancer so I can get pkgs off the porch easily. My box is at the street. They won' tdeliver mail to the house here as long as they can get it in the box.

My Mom had a long steep driveway and was in a wheelchair.  She filled out some kinf d of form and the mailman HAD to bring ALL her mail to her door...