Highlighted
Contributor

QVC'S SELL-BY DATE HAS EXPIRED

Once upon a time, QVC was Quality, Value, Convenience with A+ customer service operators.  That was a long time ago. And for those of you who remember, auto-delivery on items was forever (no price change) unless you stopped on your own.

QVC is doomed.  The owners have become so greedy that they have (as usual, what else is new here in the good old USA) drastically cut the quality of everything -- whatever the item is clothing, shoes, jackets, bras, food, etc. -- by using cheaper materials, cheap labor, just ****** quite frankly, while at the same time (before the current inflation issue) raised their prices through the roof for lower quality mostly "junk." 

And we have almost 24 hours of Gourmet Holiday daily, and who buys that stuff?  It is outrageously expensive.  Get in your car and go to different grocery stores...you can find a 2 layer iced cake with filling in the middle for 11.00-18.00 tops at any grocer in town.  Who buys a 70.00-80.00 cake?  I'm sorry, it's a free country and if you want to pay that price, go for it, but you are being suckered.  And it is not right.

But QVC has just lost me.  I still buy a wreath for Christmas for my relatives (sent to them) and I have my family let me know if the product delivered was "as shown" and made well. And if the quality of that does not maintain (the price has shot through the roof of course, and no auto-delivery for this anymore (used to get this on auto-delivery forever until and/or if you stopped it yourself), of course! that would benefit the customer, not the bottom line!) that will go by the wayside as well. But other than that, no.  Won't pay the price.  The quality across the board at QVC is terrible now.  So obviously, Value and Convenience don't even make sense.

The main reason they still are in business is because new (innocent) viewers find QVC every day and they have no ideal what they are in for (or how it really used to be at QVC) and/or the elderly who cannot or do not want to get out and go to malls, etc. I cannot figure out which is the worse use of the 2 sets of human beings, both are being used. 

Sorry, QVC, but you have lost a long time customer for about the last 4-5 years now...and I don't see your items, quality or prices getting any better.

If I were David and Carolyn, I would be so sick of it and be unable to sell such overpriced and/or poor quality items. They've been there a long time, and I do like both of them, but I know they have to personally feel the same way about the items, the pricing and QVC in general. 

Buyer beware.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC'S SELL-BY DATE HAS EXPIRED

[ Edited ]

Don't know if you've noticed, but prices everywhere are sky high.

Nothing stays the same. Everything changes.

There are many places to shop, and I like you, have stopped the majority of my shopping at QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

Loyal customers make up the bulk of the QXH customer base.

For the 12 months ended June 30, 2022 Qurate reports that Existing Customers purchased an average of 28 items with a total spend of $1,400.

For this 12 month period Existing Customers accounted for 89% of packages shipped, the balance being New or Reactivated.

In fact New Customers comprised only 23% of all customers during this period.

Honored Contributor

@slmsia Well you aren't David or Carolyn and they make their own choices.

Gourmet Holiday stuff obviously sells or it wouldn't be on as much as it is. And this is when people start thinking ahead to holiday food. If people want to spend their money on these things, that's up to them It's not for you or anyone else to dictate who buys these items.

Good that you are going to shop elsewhere. It will remove a source of aggravation for you! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@slmsia    Please take your business elsewhere and don't bother with your nonsense.  We shop here and understand the situation, apparently better than you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@slmsia "Get in your car and go to different grocery stores...you can find a 2 layer iced cake with filling in the middle for 11.00-18.00 tops at any grocer in town.  Who buys a 70.00-80.00 cake?  I'm sorry, it's a free country and if you want to pay that price, go for it, but you are being suckered."

Yes, the viewer makes their own choices.

Trusted Contributor

@slmsia   Isn't it great that we all have choices; customers, employees, vendors & we can & do shop where want to including the Q.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not one of those "say something nice or don't say anything at all" people.  I like to hear other people's opinions.  I may not share them but I still like to hear/read them.  I think there are too many of the "go away, poster" comments on this board.  QVC could benefit from reading everything and taking some things into consideration.

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy and food here since I have a lot of good choices near me in B&M stores.  I do believe the  food offered here  is overpriced so I'm not interested in it.

However I still buy a lot of clothing here.  I hate going into B&M stores to browse and try on clothing.  I don't find it fun at all.  I like seeing clothing charts for each individual item so I know what will usually fit.

Everyone has different needs.  Of course I don't like wasting money but I'm also particular on the way clothing fits on me.  I can often find what I like here.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

"Get in your car and go to different grocery stores...you can find a 2 layer iced cake with filling in the middle for 11.00-18.00 tops at any grocer in town.  Who buys a 70.00-80.00 cake?  I'm sorry, it's a free country and if you want to pay that price, go for it, but you are being suckered."

Yes, the viewer makes their own choices.

@rms1954    Many people want to send a food item as a gift.  How are you going to do that with a grocery store cake?  I don't think anybody is being suckered; they know what they're doing and what the price is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment