Honored Contributor

Re: QVC'S SELL-BY DATE HAS EXPIRED

You are just one more unhappy QVC customer.  We hear from them almost every day.

What you say is mostly true.  Prices up, quality down for clothing and decor at QVC.  Yes, prices are up everywhere, but quality has not gone down where I shop.  

As for gourmet food, there is a huge taste difference between it and grocery stores.  I'm not happy about not honoring their auto delivery, though.  

Notice there are always some members here who will stick up for QVC when it's criticized, at other times they do the criticizing. 

QVC does offer some good quality products.  Buyers need to be careful what they buy.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

"Get in your car and go to different grocery stores...you can find a 2 layer iced cake with filling in the middle for 11.00-18.00 tops at any grocer in town.  Who buys a 70.00-80.00 cake?  I'm sorry, it's a free country and if you want to pay that price, go for it, but you are being suckered."

Yes, the viewer makes their own choices.

@rms1954 Why do you care how someone else spends their money? Why be hurtful about it? Would you like to be called names about something you bought--that someone else would think was a stupid purchase?  And I'm sure we could find some.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

"Get in your car and go to different grocery stores...you can find a 2 layer iced cake with filling in the middle for 11.00-18.00 tops at any grocer in town.  Who buys a 70.00-80.00 cake?  I'm sorry, it's a free country and if you want to pay that price, go for it, but you are being suckered."

@rms1954 

we have grocery stores that sell cakes in the low range you mentioned.

we also have local bakeries right next door that sell their cakes for $70+ and cupcakes at $3-$4 each. people are buying both.

personally, there are times where i may buy a grocery store cake and there are times when i am going to buy a higher end cake......you can definitely taste a and see a  difference in the quality.

even roadside stands selling pies these days are at $18+ and delicious.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

LMG: Reread my post.  I say if that is what people want to spend, more power to them!  You missed that sentence. Thanks for your comment!

Respected Contributor

We can all make our own choices.  Do I still buy st QVC, yes.  Do I buy as much as I used to, no.  I shop other places, and some of the food items I have bought, I searched A and others, and sometimes the price is lower, yes, lower here.

Not every Q shopper ONLY shops here.  We all have different opinions.  Not everyone that buys food here may have the selection, convenience, or ability to get to multiple places to shop or bill to/ship to.  Maybe it’s their treat, or time savings they want.  Doesn’t make them a sucker.  

You may buy the $150 pair of earrings, or $150 handbag, I may buy the $150 prime rib for a special holiday meal.  Doesn’t make either one of us right or wrong.  Just the choices we each make on how we each spend OUR own money.  

Contributor

Okay, David.  We know its you! Smiley Tongue

Trusted Contributor

I do agree with you on auto delivery, it use to be for as long as you wanted it, now it has usually a year limit, some offer two years. HSN does their auto delivery different it is much longer than a year, so if you use the product you can lock in the lower price.
Frequent Contributor

@slmsia  Thank you for sharing your opinion.    Enjoy shopping elsewhere and don't worry about us.   We will make our choices as appropriate for us, as you have for yourself. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 Why do you care how someone else spends their money? Why be hurtful about it? Would you like to be called names about something you bought--that someone else would think was a stupid purchase?  And I'm sure we could find some.

@Sooner- rms1954 quoted the OP's third paragraph.  Her comment is the "viewer makes their own choices."

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I am not one of those "say something nice or don't say anything at all" people.  I like to hear other people's opinions.  I may not share them but I still like to hear/read them.  I think there are too many of the "go away, poster" comments on this board.  QVC could benefit from reading everything and taking some things into consideration.

@santorini  Well said and I agree with you. QVC loyalists are welcome to their opinion but so are those who've seen the man behind the curtain. A big part of many of today's problems is this mentality that so many people don't want to know about any point of view that might not match their own. It's like it upsets their world to know there are other perspectives out there and they might have to reexamine their opinions.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...