Honored Contributor

Shouting as loud as you can and talking really fast does not equal excitment about a product!

I was wondering why I was getting nervous and realized it was because the vendor(who I usually like) was shouting as loud as she could! But she's not the only one who does this!

Somehow, the PTB has decided that shouting and talking fast generates enthusiasm and excitment-it only means not only do I turn the channel or (better yet go out and listen to the birds!), but that I don't listen to a single thing they are saying.

Just stop.

Oh and also the frantic music in the background. Not a good decision.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC! Please stop shouting!

I'm watching AM Style right now..........and haven't noticed any shouting........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi

It was the Dalton presentation. And I love watching am Style with Leah, thats probably why it was so grating. But I have often turned the volume down to almost mute and can still hear shouting-this is so much of the time not just today.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I don't understand either why producers think shouting about a product will create excitement.  They do it on infomercials too.  For me, it only creates annoyance; I tune out.

Honored Contributor

you all must not have a husband in the house hollering at the Yankees ballgame.

"YES !   NO, NO WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE,  GET HIM OUT, UMP, etc.   "

e8096.gif

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

lol! no I've heard that too but it makes sense at the timeSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I thought about it the other night during the DELL COMPUTERS  presentation as the host didnot stop talking for a minute screaming and yelling as the poor expert stood there

with her mouth open speechless...

Honored Contributor

Can't say that I've ever heard anyone on QVC shouting on the air.  I know some hosts talk fast, but I talk fast too and am used to it.  My mother though, has trouble listening to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Philosophy, MaryLynn, has certainly changed since she first appeared.  To me she starts right off at a scream level.  The other lady always maintains a pleasant tone.  (Dara ?)

Honored Contributor

Shouting, sudden loud intakes of breath, lowering your voice to a whisper for a few seconds.... ALL are tricks of the trade to get the viewer to re-connect with what is happening on the TV!  You'll notice it when you are doing something else with the TV on... the whispering will stop you in your tracks to focus on the TV and what is happening.  The same thing with shouting or the repeated loud intake of breaths.  All manipulation techniques....  the only way not to be annoyed by them is to turn the sound down or off....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*