Contributor

Please bring back ups option for shipping

I wish qvc would give us the option of receiving our items by ups instead of the post office.  The difference I have noticed is no tracking information and getting my things delivered longer in time (7 days) instead of (3-4 days).   I really don't know what difference it makes to qvc.  We are paying the shipping not them. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Please bring back ups option for shipping

[ Edited ]

Please bring back the Usps option.   I'd be willing to pay whatever it would cost to receive my purchases by Usps!  Ups doesn't deliver to my house anymore, apparently there is this new cheap cheap option where they deliver the packages to a local business near your house.  It's awful because you don't know that until you check tracking.  They don't come to your house, they don't leave a slip.  So, today when I wanted new sheets.....I bought them from Evine.  I'm not poor, I have no problems with shipping charges.  I have a big problem with schlepping around town to pick up my packages!!!!   

Honored Contributor

QVC has deals with the shippers so is using the cheapest shipping method for their purpose.  They use this as a form of generating of revenue.  Sometimes it makes the difference between profit and loss for the whole US operation.  If they charge $3, to ship you a shirt and they only pay the shipper $1, that a nice profit of $2.  Multiplied by thousands of times and that's a lot of money.  So you are paying the shipping plus some.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The USPS packages take longer, but are in better condition when they reach me.  The UPS packages always look like they are run over by a truck.

Why should UPS equipment be so hard on packages?

Valued Contributor

I agree. So far in my area we don't have to do it. The whole point of shopping online is that you avoid wasting time and gas shopping. But if you have to do your own pickup, the convenience of home delivery evaporates.

Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

Please bring back the Usps option.   I'd be willing to pay whatever it would cost to receive my purchases by Usps!  Ups doesn't deliver to my house anymore, apparently there is this new cheap cheap option where they deliver the packages to a local business near your house.  It's awful because you don't know that until you check tracking.  They don't come to your house, they don't leave a slip.  So, today when I wanted new sheets.....I bought them from Evine.  I'm not poor, I have no problems with shipping charges.  I have a big problem with schlepping around town to pick up my packages!!!!   

@Chrystaltree2 I've heard of this new shippingmethod. Fortunately, UPS still comes to my house, but what if people are not able to pick up their packages at the local business, then what happens? One of the bonuses of home shopping is getting the item delivered to your door.

Respected Contributor

I live in a very rural area (30 minutes from any business)...so the day packages are no longer delivered to my door/mailbox will be the day I stop shopping with that company!