Valued Contributor

I go out of town, often for 2 weeks at a time. I rarely watch the Q live and prefer to record everything. That way I can get through an hour show in 5 minutes-watching only what interests me. Comcast has an online guide where you can record upcoming shows. Every other channel, including ALL other shopping channels, goes out two weeks or more. But not the Q. Just this morning,the 15th, the Q goes out to January 20 for recording. ALL other channels, including HSN goes through the 29th! That is 9 more days than Q. This happens ALL THE TIME. I have called and emailed asking for a response from QVC and get nothing. Once they did call and explain there is an online guide on Q website, but that doesn't help me when I want to record a show!

I just don't understand why QVC is the ONLY channel that can't post two weeks of recording options. Can anyone there explain why?

Trusted Contributor

First, this is not necessarily a QVC issue (I do not have this problem on TWC).  This could be your cable provide, or it could be a glitch with the vendor which provides the data to Comcast (this data is uploaded through a third party to your provider -- it it not provided directly by QVC).

Secondly, and more importantly, the videos of practially all products aired are on the QVC website.  If you are interested in an item, it is quite simple to see the presentation.

While people are free to choose their own entertainent, I honestly cannot imagine wanted to schedule out recordings of presentations on a shopping channel -- especially when many of the presentations are repetitive and few of the products are new.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband has a smart phone...we have TWC...he can record a show from a remote location using their app...is this a possibility for you?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

I have TiVo and can go over two weeks out.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Trusted Contributor

We have Comcast Xfinity and have been using this feature for about a year. 

Super Contributor

At least you get some info from Comcast! I also have Comcast and 95% of the time - NO EXAGGERATION- their on screen program guides are completely inaccurate!!! Either that or it says "to be announced ". Some might say I could call Comcast but I am not prepared for that kind of punishment. It is either Comcast or Dish where I live and Comcast has fewer outages. Anyhoo , QPrincess , it is probably Comcast and not QVC. Maybe ?

Respected Contributor

If you have access to a computer while you are away you can set your DVR from your computer or as another poster mentioned you can dowload the Xfinity app and set your DVR on the go. I have Xfinity and if I forget to set my DVR at home, I set it when I get to work from my computer.

Respected Contributor

I have Comcast/Xfinity. QVC is the only channel that I have seen where the programming doesn't always match what the guide says. And I get a zillion channels. It was really bad a few weeks ago, now seems ok. I would have to think that's a QVC issue, why else aren't any others wrong?

Respected Contributor

@mimilucy wrote:

At least you get some info from Comcast! I also have Comcast and 95% of the time - NO EXAGGERATION- their on screen program guides are completely inaccurate!!! Either that or it says "to be announced ". Some might say I could call Comcast but I am not prepared for that kind of punishment. It is either Comcast or Dish where I live and Comcast has fewer outages. Anyhoo , QPrincess , it is probably Comcast and not QVC. Maybe ?

That's really weird. Have you tried exchanging boxes?  Or are they doing upgrades in your area?  The only time "to be announced" shows up here is when the power goes out and it has to recycle when it comes back up, and that doesn't take long. 

You should call. Your box might be defective. At least they can reset the box over the phone to see if that helps,  sometimes they just get squirrelly. They can do some diagnostics over the phone. 95 percent of the guide being wrong means something is not right. 

Respected Contributor

We have Directv, our program guide shows QVC shows for the next two weeks.