Valued Contributor

@Dominosmom wrote:

easy pay is no incentive for me either. I like paying off my cc at the end of the month. I would get a Q card if it came with free shipping and free returns.

Smart shopper.

Valued Contributor

Synchrony is the largest provider of private label credit cards.  Synchrony was spun off from GE Capital in 2014 in part so GE could avoid being classified as a "significantly important financial institution" which would require additional regulation.   And yes, the CFPB has hit them w/fines for deceptive practices.

Honored Contributor

I made my final payment on a couple of easy payments on my Q Card last month and closed it. There really is no benefit to having it.  I did the same with my HSN card last year and my Evine card will be next.

I too initially got the cards because it was easier to keep track of everything.  HSN no longer had enough benefits IMO for me to keep the card so that was it.

Evine used to offer days of free s/h to customers who had an Evine card. Those days are long gone so that card is next to go.

I have never had an issue with Synchrony Bank.  Ever.  Besides QVC and Evine, I also have a Care Credit account that I opened for major dental work.  It was 24 months same as cash and I never paid a dime of interest or any type of fee.  I've never paid any interest or any fees on any of my Synchrony accounts.  Everything has always been credited properly and when I overpaid my Q card (forgot about a return), I contacted them and was promptly sent a check.     

Respected Contributor

I never had a QCard until recently and the only reason was to use for the easy pay on some items that did not offer it .  I purchase the item using the card and then move all future payments to my bank credit card (where I earn cash back and reward points).  I immediately pay the QCard so they will never make any money (interest) off of me.  I would just use it to your advantage...