Contributor

Re: Please stop the hosts from interrupting the Designer to give updates....

@Sooner But can't the host wait until the designer finishes their sentence or take a breath and then jump in with the all important facts about how many have been sold?!

Honored Contributor

@Joyfulheartnmind wrote:

@KKJ Exactly the point I was trying to make! If they are gonna shoot the numbers and colors out there, can't they wait a second and let the designer finish their sentence? That constant harping on how many have been sold sound SO desperate. They need to spend more time showing the item and describing that. WHO CARES about how many have been sold? I'd like to know how many have BEEN RETURNED!

On the other hand, people will lose interest quickly if they simply let the vendor drone on and on.  They get your attention back by interrupting.  

Judging from the responses here, it does get your attention!  Which is the whole point of the program.

Respected Contributor

As often as the hosts interrupt vendors, I've NEVER seen a show (and I've watched a lot of Q shows over the years) where a vendor was able to "drone on and on" as you put it.  They're barely able to get a sentence out before getting interrupted with the usual  "1,000 just flew outta here" and other updates by host.   If it's not something I'm really interested in then it's no big deal, but with items where I want some of the specific details only vendor can provide, then yes, let them give that info. Several times I was on the fence about buying and waiting to hear details from vendor and when host interrupted & vendor was unable to finish talking about it,  I decided not to buy. 

Respected Contributor

Leah and pat and Mary Beth never interrupt the designers.true class with these hosts.i hope the q keeps these host as long as they want

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. I think Jane Brown and Mary Beth are the only hosts left that actually DESCRIBE colors, feel of fabric, shaping etc... All the other hosts manage to say I s, It’s the only order of the year, colors are going quickly, five easy pace blah blah blah.
I’m not ordering as much as I used to because it’s too much of a risk with shipping costs. I’m just not getting enough information to make a solid decision anymore.
New Contributor

I so agree! I would love to hear more from the designer instead of the hostesses' incessant ramblings and interruptions. QVC needs to send them all for training, Leah and MaryBeth being the exception. They are polite and gracious. The others can learn from these 2 ladies!
Contributor

@Sooner yes, it does get attention but not in a GOOD WAY!

Honored Contributor

@Joyfulheartnmind wrote:

@Sooner yes, it does get attention but not in a GOOD WAY!

@Joyfulheartnmind True, but irritating ads sell.  The more you think about the product, or even the person, the more likely you are to buy it.  Lots of money is spent on studies, and that's proved right for a very long time!  Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

Well, if the producer is telling hosts to interrupt the product rep they must not realize how annoying they are which is a sad commentary on the way people behave lately. It is just plain rude to interrupt someone when they are saying something. It is not like these people are there just filling time. They are representing the product and customers want to hear what they have to say. It used to be that the number of sales and what was still available was put on the screen for all to see, however, I do not see that happening very often anymore.

I decide what I am going to buy according to the product information that I have, NOT according to how many have been sold. Lately there has been scant product information available.