Respected Contributor

Re: Please no zooming in when hosts eat and smack with mouths open

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I absolutely do not believe that a producer would be telling them to make faces and make noises while eating.

I believe that they do that on their own as part of their acting performance.

So the producer is NOT telling David to cross his eyes all crazy-like when tasting food? lol

Trusted Contributor

How about bring back In the Kitchen with Bob?  Then we do not have to see the stupid happy dance again.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I absolutely do not believe that a producer would be telling them to make faces and make noises while eating.

I believe that they do that on their own as part of their acting performance.

So the producer is NOT telling David to cross his eyes all crazy-like when tasting food? lol

@KKJ  I believe they are told to show that they enjoy the food so it will sell. They take it from there.

Respected Contributor

This is an interesting topic!  My dad was extremly bothered by "eating noises" and he was the only person I ever knew that had that problem.

Years later on I think a Dr. Phil show it was mentioned that some people are irritated by this just like some of us can't stand nails down a chalk board!

If it bothers some I think they have the right to comment on this.  Great if it Doesn't bother you!

Showing someone eating doesn't make me want to buy the product.

Contributor

I agree... if the producers did not want them to look so ridiculous eating they would be told to stop it.  The sales monitors must soar when they do this. Thus, the majority of people who are choosing to buy a particular food product must be being enticed during this

activity.

I would love to see articles as to how the producers monitor good people to do particular activities.  I have read that sales go up during the kitchen Happy Dances but not so much

when poor Jane was directed to do so for a segment or two. And, pushing that FriYAY...

so painful for the hosts and now I see it in other ads for other stores. Hopefully that just goes away.  It makes the food zooming/oops i dropped some food/oh you have a bit on your chin hee hee/oh whatever they are told to say not seem so painful.

As always, the remote works when needed.

Contributor

The sales and the producers write their script and improvs.  If you have ever gone to a nursing home where the tv is on QVC during a David segment there are smiles and clapping and joy.  Imagine that across the America where people can also make purchases. People watch to have positivity as well as see products. We have to remember, the shopping networks are just one 24/7 commercial and they have a job to do.  

Highlighted
Contributor

I agree! Obviously it's fake and the way they look for the camera before they take one little nibble turns my stomach! The moaning   noises while staring at the camera ..chewing noises it's gross! Watching and listening to it does NOT make me want to buy whatever it is they are selling! I change the channel! JMO

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:
I know this has been covered before but zooming in to see Shawn putting cake in her mouth along with her fingers doesn’t make me want to eat what she’s eating, regardless of her moaning about the taste. It grosses me out and I turn the channel.

@Styleovertrend: You're right. This subject has been covered many, many, many times.