Valued Contributor

Please no zooming in when hosts eat and smack with mouths open

I know this has been covered before but zooming in to see Shawn putting cake in her mouth along with her fingers doesn’t make me want to eat what she’s eating, regardless of her moaning about the taste. It grosses me out and I turn the channel.
Respected Contributor

Re: Please no zooming in when hosts eat and smack with mouths open

I mean no disrespect for you feelings, but I am truly at a loss as to why seeing people eat turns so many people off.  If we don't eat, we don't survive.

I can understand if someone digs their hands into a bowl of food and slathers it all over their faces why it might offend some people, but people eating normally seems to upset so many.  How do some of you eat in restaurants with other people eating all around you?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Yeah, the close ups aren't necessary. I get the point without them. Everything is om, nom, nom!

Valued Contributor

I don’t watch people in restaurants eating.I’m usually focused in on the people I’m with. These food shows focus in on the hots and other putting food in their mouth, talking with their mouths open and making sounds while they are chewing. That is not appetizing.

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

I don’t watch people in restaurants eating.I’m usually focused in on the people I’m with. These food shows focus in on the hots and other putting food in their mouth, talking with their mouths open and making sounds while they are chewing. That is not appetizing.

So you are able to tolerate the people you are with while they eat providing food doesn't fall out of their mouths while they talk.  You just don't like closeups?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I just can't imagine anyone being grossed out by being shown anyone eating food being sold.  I guess we all have some abnormal   things that bother us. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't watch the gourmet food shows for that reason....especially Alberti & Rachael, they overdo the eating with their mouths full of food and talk...not a pleasent site to watch.  I go online if I'm interested.

Esteemed Contributor

I was taught as a young child never toal with your mouth full and have taught my kids and grands how impolite it is.  But we know most hosts can't stop talking for any reason.  Maybe if they took smaller bits and camera didn't zoom in it would be less offensive.  Good manners would solve the issue.

Valued Contributor

The abnormal thing is eating with your mouth full and stuffing ones mouth with food and playing to the camer, all while making noises....but manners have gone the way of the wooly mammoth. Anything is ok nowadays

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I mean no disrespect for you feelings, but I am truly at a loss as to why seeing people eat turns so many people off.  If we don't eat, we don't survive.

I can understand if someone digs their hands into a bowl of food and slathers it all over their faces why it might offend some people, but people eating normally seems to upset so many.  How do some of you eat in restaurants with other people eating all around you?

@RoughDraft  I understand what you are saying, but watching someone eat as in a restaurant, etc, you are not right in their face, as when the camera zooms in on the host's face.  We don't need to be that close to them.  That is an immediate turn off for me.

They roll their eyes and act like they are going to die or something (Rachel and Alberti).  That is ridiculous.