Regular Contributor

I seldom watch the "other channel" but when I do, I must say it's refreshing to see the hosts greet a person with a friendly hello and none of the over the top kissing. When did this all start? I'm a friendly person but I think it's gotten carried away.

Occasional Contributor

I agree, when did all this start?  I don't ever remember Kathy Levin do that. I don't kiss the sales people in Macy's or other retail stores. I don't get it! It looks ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

It's so phony, isn't it?  When I see that, I can only think their whole onscreen persona is put-on - "made for TV."

Valued Contributor

I can't even explain how very much I hate all that kissing and fake excitement.

I go back to the days when they just shook hands..

I find myself watching less and less and I'm thinking soon, not at all.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Stop Kissing

[ Edited ]

It is so fake and getting way out of hand. 

I wonder if any of the hosts were to meet one of the vendors in a board room instead of in front of television camera would they still put on such a display?  The whole kissy face thing is unprofessional.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

@Sis3 wrote:

I agree, when did all this start?  I don't ever remember Kathy Levin do that. I don't kiss the sales people in Macy's or other retail stores. I don't get it! It looks ridiculous!

The one who departed around last Christmas started the smooching concept of greeting visitors.   Very European !   Perhaps acceptable if two ladies want to greet each other with an air-kiss, but between different genders is completely inappropriate and very disruptive to the presentation.

Honored Contributor

Saturday night live could do a really good skit with the whole present the vendor to the camera and just fall all over each other, get control and try to sell the item, then the urge comes back again to say "hello".  Sounds just like something SNL could do very well.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I think it started with Lisa Robertson and Joan Rivers doing the kissing thing.....  Then Lisa started kissing everyone.....and then everyone started kissing each other.... 

Esteemed Contributor

You mean I have to stop kissing the vendors I might see at the Dollar Store!!!

Valued Contributor

There is this one at the local "farmer's market".....is it proper to kiss a fresh fruit vender????