Trusted Contributor

If the thread is deemed a 'silly issue' for me, I don't even consider posting.  But, that's just me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Lock Old Threads

[ Edited ]

I wasn't referring to only one thread.  I was referring to the times a troll bumps up so many old threads thatwhole pages are taken up with old 'NON-IISSUES'.

An old thread here and there is one thing; a full page of old threads (and sometimes more than one) is a whole different scenario.

@Pearlee  You get all riled if somebody starts the same thread as you and will announce to everyone you have a thrad already or you already said something and blah blah blah.  So I don't need a lecture from you.

Today the first page is filled with old stuff burying important threads like the get well for hkynut (John).  

I never said the mods had to wade through pages to lock old threads. I said there should be a type of expiration so that this doesn't happen and it can be done with how the forum is setup.

And since this is a suggestion box, and I submitted my suggestion, it's up to the Q to determine what is and is not a "non-issue".

Not you and not fthunt.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

btw:  It's pretty obvious threads are old when all you see is ONE nic as the last poster.

You don't have to open the thread to see that it goes back 2 years.

*eyeroll*

Honored Contributor

If a thread hasn't been posted on in a couple years then why not have it poofed or locked..  the mods have no problem singling out posts to delete or lock threads now so it can be done.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

well you don't KNOW it's an old thread because when it's bumped the new date only appears. 

Lock them!

Respected Contributor

Hello, Cakers. Smiley Happy

It's true, I suppose for some, bumping old threads can be annoying. With that said, I don't know if locking the old threads would help much.

A long time ago, when the QVC forum had it's old format, instead of bumping old threads, someone decided to make a whole bunch of new threads that had explicit words in it.

That was quite the cleanup for the mods.

I've found that if a poster deletes their own response, the thread drops back to its original spot. Yes, I know, people who bump threads aren't going to do that. Smiley Tongue

Not trying to put you or your thread down or anything. Just letting you know that if someone wants to create annoyance on the forum, they don't just have to bump old threads to do it.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon  True but current duplicate threads tend to get locked..

The old ones deal with outdated topics like the 2014 World Series. lol

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I wasn't referring to only one thread.  I was referring to the times a troll bumps up so many old threads thatwhole pages are taken up with old 'NON-IISSUES'.

An old thread here and there is one thing; a full page of old threads (and sometimes more than one) is a whole different scenario.

@Pearlee  You get all riled if somebody starts the same thread as you and will announce to everyone you have a thrad already or you already said something and blah blah blah.  So I don't need a lecture from you.

Today the first page is filled with old stuff burying important threads like the get well for hkynut (John).  

I never said the mods had to wade through pages to lock old threads. I said there should be a type of expiration so that this doesn't happen and it can be done with how the forum is setup.

And since this is a suggestion box, and I submitted my suggestion, it's up to the Q to determine what is and is not a "non-issue".

Not you and not fthunt.

@Cakers3  At Cakers, if you don't want people posting comments to what you post on threads even in the Suggestion forum, then email the mods privately.   Otherwise, take the comments.  It's part of the process.  

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Not you and not fthunt.

@Cakers3  I understand where you are coming from, to be clear, I wasn't referring to your posts.  You know the posts, of which I speak.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@NC Bandwagon  True but current duplicate threads tend to get locked..

The old ones deal with outdated topics like the 2014 World Series. lol

Yes, you're right.

It'd be different if one or two threads got bumped once in awhile (sometimes for old times sake, sometimes because it's a new poster who doesn't know better ).

But yes, continually bumping really old threads over and over and over again....that is pretty disruptive. For now (that I know of), only the Community Chat sub-forum is having old thread bumped. Hopefully it doesn't spill over into the other forums.

@My only other suggestion is to alert the mods to it by typing the @ symbol and then the moderator's name, and telling them exactly what's going on. And perhaps being specific, too, by telling them which forum this is happening in and letting them know that this isn't one or two threads. It's several.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder