Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE PROVIDE RETURN LABELS AND RETURN SLIPS

Shipping paperwork not needed. There are ways around this if one does not have a printer.  I did get a label  recently, though. The printing on it was completely blurred so  it was unreadable. I'm glad they're not sending those stickers as that has to be quite an expense and waste of paper, ink, sticky and other products.

Yeah, I'm a Greenie. 

Contributor

Thank you for your explanation. I am a senior, have an iPhone, iPad (already having gone through several versions of each) and am tech savvy.  Since I have been retired there is no need for me to have a computer or printer.  In 10 years, I have needed a printer perhaps 10 times and, during that time, the cartridges would have dried out.  And I have no intention of buying a printer to accommodate QVC making returns more difficult.  I call and ask them to send a hard copy of the return label. More work for them and more work for me. The less I order from them, the better.  😠😠

Honored Contributor

@Barkanyc wrote:

Thank you for your explanation. I am a senior, have an iPhone, iPad (already having gone through several versions of each) and am tech savvy.  Since I have been retired there is no need for me to have a computer or printer.  In 10 years, I have needed a printer perhaps 10 times and, during that time, the cartridges would have dried out.  And I have no intention of buying a printer to accommodate QVC making returns more difficult.  I call and ask them to send a hard copy of the return label. More work for them and more work for me. The less I order from them, the better.  😠😠

if you have an iPhone you can use the QR code option

Respected Contributor

@Barkanyc   I see that you assume that QVC is trying to make returns more difficult.  You have your reasons for not having a printer (logical in your situation) so perhaps QVC has their logical reasons (like cost savings, reducing paper waste) for not sending out return labels with every order and aren't just "making returns more difficult".   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@wi-md 

I have another good reason for preferring a "code" instead of a "label".

I don't like paper strewn everywhere!

A code works for me!

I am guessing that those who don't have printers might not have a smartphone...

I have a printer but no smartphone  But most of the retailers that I buy from include a return label including HSN.  I don't buy much (8 items this year) from QVC.  The paper is recycleable, I think, so I prefer getting a return label even if I don't use it.  This is just something that benefits the retailer and not the customer.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@wi-md 

I have another good reason for preferring a "code" instead of a "label".

I don't like paper strewn everywhere!

A code works for me!

I am guessing that those who don't have printers might not have a smartphone...

I have a printer but no smartphone  But most of the retailers that I buy from include a return label including HSN.  I don't buy much (8 items this year) from QVC.  The paper is recycleable, I think, so I prefer getting a return label even if I don't use it.  This is just something that benefits the retailer and not the customer.

I agree!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a senior. I have a smartphone, printer and a separate fax machine. When I make a return to Amazon, I use the scan code to return at the UPS store. It's easy. No packing slip required. No box even. I still usually print the scan code out and let them scan it from there. To me, it's  easier than getting out my phone and finding the scan code. I still prefer a return label and packing slip from the Q! It's a lot easier and less work for me!

For a lot of us, who did not grow up with this very rapidly, changing technology, it's just not within our comfort zone. Not everyone can embrace so many changes so quickly. For some of us it takes time. Oh yeah...I still have a landline and use it too! My cell is for emergencies, entertainment and filling time!😅

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I still get return slips in all my orders and I wish the Q would stop sending them.  It's a waste of paper.  In the rare event I need to return something, I can print a slip!

Respected Contributor

Yep, no printer or smart phone, hence what good is qr-code.  Not easily able to get to fed ex to print out a downloaded return postal slip...and of course too many packages received without invoice with return label. It is affecting whether or not I now purchase!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmm... l just received a BRAND NEW type of return label !!! I guess this is the NEW thing...sending an invoice with a BLANK return slip with directions who to call to return this item!!! It looks the very same as the "older" return slips...sticky...but no address to return it to them! Just a message to contact them! What?? Come on QVC! 

It's annoying that l can't just peel off their address label, put it on the box/bag and mail it !! ...but now l don't have a choice... l have to call them!! Gee. Thanks QVC!!!! Something extra to do !! 

So...for those saying this is saving the Q money...or they're wasting paper...or any other excuse... This is a brand new way of returning anything. 

Now I'm not saying everyone will receive this new type of label ...but it's what I received with two Temptation items.

Edited to add... and l didn't receive this type of return label because l return too many items... l rarely return anything...