Honored Contributor

PLEASE Bring New/Different Home Shows.

I realize this has been discussed quite a bit, but can QVC seriously consider bringing new & different items into a home decor show -- sooooon? 

I watched Jill Bauer's YHJ show last night.  She remarked several times that the products in her shows are those that she would have in her home.  That's lovely, and if you like that style, wonderful.  But what about the rest of the customers?  Jill and Valerie Parr Hill bring the same items, or at least the same style to every show.  Jill said they go to the same vendors with their decor ideas. 

Alberti, Leah, anybody -- isn't there room for different tastes?  I am not asking to get rid of lovely Valerie or Jill, just bring in NEW [that is not the same thing as "for the first time we have them in blue!"]. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: PLEASE Bring New/Different Home Shows.

I agree,  I like Valerie, but not so much her taste. I would love to see more modern up to date items. i don't even watch Valerie anymore, same old things.

Honored Contributor

I think that A  home show with Alberti would be fantastic. Like you , I'm not suggesting getting rid of any shows, I would just like QVC to acknowledge that there are different tastes in home decor, just as there are in fashion.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that A  home show with Alberti would be fantastic. Like you , I'm not suggesting getting rid of any shows, I would just like QVC to acknowledge that there are different tastes in home decor, just as there are in fashion.

Yes, he would be great, but only if he could bring new items. I really like Jill and feel bad they make her sell the same stuff over and over. She does get some new items, but not much. 

Valued Contributor

I'd like to see home decor shows that are not seasonal or holiday. Jill came a little close last evening, she used the Luminara lanterns that can be used year round and in seasonal decorating.  Bring out the warehouse items and put a twist on them on how to use them. Do a whole room look, from pillows, linens, bedding, throws, candles, even some kitchen items etc and coordinate the look, not just matchy matchy. It's hard to compare, say a blue item to another different blue item to see if it works together. The online  pics are many times deceiving (my blue honeycomb Luminara are a different looking color online vs tv presentations vs the real thing; I actually like the real color even better than I hoped).

I agree to use other hosts type of decorating to get a different style, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@@Valerie is a lovely person but I get so sick of the same stuff from her year in and year out with just the colors changing seasonly.  Most of it doesn't fit in my home and it takes up too much room to store.  I hate all the stuff that takes batteries; she must own stock in Duracell.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I agree. Different styles and better/upscale merchandise. What they are selling you can find in Kirkland's, Meijer, Walmart and the dollar stores. Same old stuff year after year.
Respected Contributor

I could not agree more.  Valerie and her things are lovely, but after a while to me it all looks the same.  How many light up items and pedestals can anyone use.  I have a few that I really like but more would be over kill.  I personally would like to see more furniture although I realize the shipping would be a lot.  Valerie had a storage cabinet on yesterday and I was going to purchase two until I saw the cost of shipping and realized how much it would be to return them!  I assume this is why they do not get into furniture. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Valerie is a lovely person but I get so sick of the same stuff from her year in and year out with just the colors changing seasonly.  Most of it does fit in my home and it takes up too much room to store.  I hate all the stuff that takes batteries; she must own stock in Duracell. 

I agree, too many things that light up!  It can be too much.  Yesterday, between the spheres, light up Easter Eggs, light up vase - yikes; lots of batteries.

Respected Contributor

I wish Linda Dano still had her home decor line.