Valued Contributor

I hope it's okay for me to post these comments and I don't want to be attacked for them, but I don't know where else I can make these suggestions.

No offense to these hosts in any way:

Mary D: Could she PLEASE stop singing her sentences/words? I don't know if anyone enjoys that or not but I have to change the channel because it irritates me that much.

Pat James Dementri: I'm partial to this host because she's from the same town that I live in. However, could someone PLEASE suggest that she stop saying "and that's the beauty of it" SO much? I can barely stand to watch her. Other hosts and vendors say it as well but not nearly to the degree that she does. It's constant.

I used to enjoy these hosts but anymore I have to change the channel and miss their shows which I would really like to see.

If customers prefer these things, then of course they should continue to keep them as part of their demos and disregard my comments.

Thank you~

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi 

The singing or sing song  descriptions/comments by the Hosts is annoying.

Even the new Hosts like Nancy Yoon are doing it .

Also all the talking while their mouths are full, even Jayne Brown does this .

If they have to eat on air can't the 2 Hosts  just takes turns talking without food in their mouths ?

I do change the channel or go on the internet if I might be interested in something, however muting or changing the channel , one might miss out on the vendor giving useful information abt an item .

Valued Contributor

I enjoy Pat's calm presentations, but she does seem to latch onto one repetitive phrase after another.  I remember when she used to finish almost every statement with "as well".  Someone must have pointed it out to her because she suddenly stopped saying it.

Honored Contributor

I watch very sparingly because, overall, the hosts all have rather annoying quirks. In small doses I can overlook many of them, but what I can't overlook, particularly in a seasoned host like Jayne Brown, is repeatedly messing up the colors or other critical attributes of items being sold. I recently watched a video of her presenting a handbag and she messed up the colors at least three times, and while I was watching, before they went to a remote with the vendor and I closed out, she never did get them right. It really is inexcusable how badly she was floundering on the air and clearly had not done her homework. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Neither of the two practices mentioned by the OP bother me one bit. The only person on QVC that I find myself having to change the channel on is Mally. Listening to Mally gives me a headache.

Respected Contributor

Hypersenativity is often a sign that the habit should be ceased, at least for a time as there may be something more seriously wrong. Stop watching so much as you seem to be hypersensative to things that are really minutae..

Trusted Contributor

Just about every person I know gets stuck on some sating or another.  LOL I used to work with a guy that said copasetic all day long.  Then when he wasn't around everyone in the office would say it over and over.  HA!

I guess the morale of the story is-- don't put your vocab on auto-pilot.  

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi    On the subject of "that's the beauty of it", not only does Pat say it constantly, the other hosts have picked it up too.  I've recently even heard HSN hosts use it.

What really drives me nuts is Mary Beth's constant use of the word etcetera.  She has a limited vocabulary and has apparently figured out a way of not having to think up appropriate words.  I've never heard this used conversation ally and find it very irritating and out of place.  Heaven forbid it catches on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I watch very sparingly because, overall, the hosts all have rather annoying quirks. In small doses I can overlook many of them, but what I can't overlook, particularly in a seasoned host like Jayne Brown, is repeatedly messing up the colors or other critical attributes of items being sold. I recently watched a video of her presenting a handbag and she messed up the colors at least three times, and while I was watching, before they went to a remote with the vendor and I closed out, she never did get them right. It really is inexcusable how badly she was floundering on the air and clearly had not done her homework. 

@stevieb    I saw that too and was very surprised at how Jayne muffed that presentation.

Labeling the colors on the garment has been frequently suggested but QVC stubbornly disregards our suggestions as usual.  Not only would the hosts not have to stumble around but the viewers could clearly see the name of the color they want.  They always seem to mumble when they get to my favorite.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The one that bothers me lately is "Welcome ON IN."  Rachel started it and then slowly the rest of the hosts have picked ut up. Why not just say "Welcome" instead of adding not one, but TWO prepositions?!?

I'll add one more.  Why can't they say the colors and get to the final color without saying, "and last but not least is ______."  I don't think the final color will get its feelings hurt if they leave off "but not least."