Occasional Visitor

Sitting here again in the wee hours, not watching QVC or HSN because I don’t want to see an encore program.  That is like shopping at the mall last week.  It isn’t live and the whole premise of these channels is the live presentation.  How can we be urged to hurry to our computers and phones to order product thatis on sale or running low, only to discover the price is different or they are out of stock of the item on air? 

Seems to me it would be wiser to go dark, or to create infomercial style airings that were not price or inventory dependent.

who at QVC can hear your late night, early morning clients asking you to go back to the old format?  It is 3:15 am in my time zone and I am taking time to wrtie in and comment. QVC....are you listening?

Valued Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Jax_QVC wrote:

I think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.  

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched QVC late at night sitting at the bedside of a sick family member, or during an overnight IT install, or just because I'm a night person.

QVC should realize that the west coast viewers will still be up far far into the east coast night.  And the early risers on the east coast will just be annoyed to see the same show at 5am that they saw at midnight.  

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

@Jax_QVC  You know who REALLY feels let down? The network who broadcasted live, 24 hour programming only to have people watch for entertainment purposes instead of actually buying anything. Do people really think a retail business can survive when people only window shop? How selfish.

@MaryLamb Are you so selfish that you feel good about attacking people in every thread you post in? I just recently bought an Affinity Sterling Ring in the late night hours and planned to watch the Affinity Diamond Jewelry tonight at 11pm PDT which was replaced with an encore of the TSV. QVC won't be getting my money tonight.

@banned again  You already bought the diamond, and you’re mad because you couldn’t watch its presentation after the fact? Isn’t that a backwards approach to shopping on QVC? 

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@banned again wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Jax_QVC wrote:

I think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.  

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched QVC late at night sitting at the bedside of a sick family member, or during an overnight IT install, or just because I'm a night person.

QVC should realize that the west coast viewers will still be up far far into the east coast night.  And the early risers on the east coast will just be annoyed to see the same show at 5am that they saw at midnight.  

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

@Jax_QVC  You know who REALLY feels let down? The network who broadcasted live, 24 hour programming only to have people watch for entertainment purposes instead of actually buying anything. Do people really think a retail business can survive when people only window shop? How selfish.

@MaryLamb Are you so selfish that you feel good about attacking people in every thread you post in? I just recently bought an Affinity Sterling Ring in the late night hours and planned to watch the Affinity Diamond Jewelry tonight at 11pm PDT which was replaced with an encore of the TSV. QVC won't be getting my money tonight.

@banned again  You already bought the diamond, and you’re mad because you couldn’t watch its presentation after the fact? Isn’t that a backwards approach to shopping on QVC? 

@MaryLamb I would watch QVC for more Diaomnd Jewelry, not just to watch another presentation of what I already have! Why are you putting words in my mouth by saying I was mad, I did not say I was mad. I said that QVC lost the opportunity to sell me more jewelry.

Valued Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@banned again wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Jax_QVC wrote:

@MaryLamb I would watch QVC for more Diaomnd Jewelry, not just to watch another presentation of what I already have! Why are you putting words in my mouth by saying I was mad, I did not say I was mad. I said that QVC lost the opportunity to sell me more jewelry.

@banned again  Perhaps your first sentence calling me selfish and accusing me of attacking everyone everywhere followed by saying you didn’t get to watch more phony diamond presentations is what led me to the conclusion that you’re mad. And “mad,” by the way, has more than one definition. We can check at least two of them off now.

Occasional Visitor

I totally agree!  On the East Coast, I think it's typical for working people to be up at 5 AM and start their day and watch TV while they get ready for work.  If they want to do the rerun route, it seems as though 7 AM is way too late.  Cable news starts new programming at 4 AM, and is in the thick of it by 5 AM.  I feel very badly about this development.  I feel badly for the new hosts, and for the crew who will not get their hours in.  I always thought what made QVC so special was the 24/7 broadcast.  My family and I took a tour of the Q in 2013 (sadly, tours have been discontinued) and it was simply an amazing operation.  This is a disappointing turn of events.  

Frequent Contributor

@Judianne27 I agree. I am up and out before 7, as most of us are on the east coast.  To start live shopping programming at that time is strange. I loved the clearance shows early in the morning and that’s when I usually purchased. It just is a strange decision for shoppers especially those on the East AND West coasts because of the hours it’s impacting.

Also I always liked waking up early in the morning on the weekends and sitting in the quiet with a cup of  coffee watching QVC.  I am sure it is to cut costs and I get it.  But why not, like others have suggested, re-run show different shows like they do on QVC 2 and QVC 3 it makes no sense to show the exact same show for four hours in a row and then have the 7 AM programming start and then they  talking about the TSV!  I was really annoyed this weekend when that happened.  You Just ran hours of shows about a hand bag and then you launched AM styletalking about the TSV. 

I think there is a market for QVC but this decision makes me question what the goals of the new CEO are. This just seems like a really bizarre thing that will not make any more sales with the same show running for 5 hours in a row. Not very innovative. 

Frequent Contributor

Last night Rick made a comment about someone asking if he spent all night at QVC presenting the TSV over and over again - saying the exact same words each time!  He was making fun of it.  Maybe the TSV host - they are normally the "experienced" hosts - get paid extra when they are on the overnight reruns?  I can't believe that anyone in a business position would think this was the best solution to save money overnight.

Respected Contributor

I can’t count the times over the years of viewing that the hosts would mock their competition by noting that QVC was far superior because they were able to offer 24/7 live programming. Well, that is off the table. Now they are one long infomercial just like all the other cable stations that can’t pay the bills unless they show sleazy presentations of wonder choppers and magic beauty products late at night. This move just makes QVC look cheap. They may save money at night but the perception that they are struggling isn’t helping their image as a successful home shopping channel.

Hate the reruns overnight, turning the channel to something else, 

thats was when I watched QVC.

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree. I wake up angry with QVC. However I did not have to see the special value 30 minutes after live airing. Someone needs a good thinking cap.

Spoiler
Spoiler