Trusted Contributor

DirecTV show all 3 channels.  I watch Q2  quite often because it usually has something on that is different from the main channel.  They do show reruns, but many times the shows are ones that I never saw on the main channel. I don't watch the Q that often, but when I do sit down to watch, I like the variety. 

Super Contributor

Seriously, if you're too cheap to air real programs bring back the 1960s Test Pattern!

test.jpg

Super Contributor

@pajik wrote:

I agree.  I am sure there are many people that are used to watching QVC throughout the night, myself included.  Extremely disappointing!

BTW HSN is doing the same thing! 

A year or so ago HSN would show repeats at night which were just poorly edited segments cobbled together from various shows with a creepy intro by one of the hosts looking like they were speaking from a funeral parlor.  But they went back to live programming for a while.  Then they went to the all night TSV shows.  Maybe HSN is selling lots of TSVs so QVC thinks it is worth trying.

Valued Contributor

@Jax_QVC wrote:

I think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.  

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched QVC late at night sitting at the bedside of a sick family member, or during an overnight IT install, or just because I'm a night person.

QVC should realize that the west coast viewers will still be up far far into the east coast night.  And the early risers on the east coast will just be annoyed to see the same show at 5am that they saw at midnight.  

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

@Jax_QVC  You know who REALLY feels let down? The network who broadcasted live, 24 hour programming only to have people watch for entertainment purposes instead of actually buying anything. Do people really think a retail business can survive when people only window shop? How selfish.

New Contributor

I also hate the repeat shows at night. I am awake late at night & always watch qvc to shop & also entertain me. Who wants to watch the same show for 5 hours in a row? Bad idea qvc, especially during the Christmas shopping season, how can I shop for anything when you keep running the same thing? Why hire all new hosts, then cut the programming. If you need to save payroll, cut out all the channels. Go back to one channel 24 hours a day. You set the bar , you were the best, now you’re like all the rest. I’m so disappointed. If you feel the need to repeat for 5 hours in a row , at least put all different shows from throughout the day. Obviously you don’t plan on people watching for those hours. l won’t be!!

New Contributor

I not only watch, I buy.  A lot!! I work all day & shop at night. Apparently not anymore. They are not going to make any sales if they keep repeating the same thing. If it worked for 30 years,why change now!

New Contributor

Part of the attraction of shopping on tv was I could shop during the middle of the night when brick & mortar stores are closed. If I have to wait till the daytime to shop, I might as well just go to the store & I won’t need qvc or shipping charges at all.

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Jax_QVC wrote:

I think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.  

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched QVC late at night sitting at the bedside of a sick family member, or during an overnight IT install, or just because I'm a night person.

QVC should realize that the west coast viewers will still be up far far into the east coast night.  And the early risers on the east coast will just be annoyed to see the same show at 5am that they saw at midnight.  

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

@Jax_QVC  You know who REALLY feels let down? The network who broadcasted live, 24 hour programming only to have people watch for entertainment purposes instead of actually buying anything. Do people really think a retail business can survive when people only window shop? How selfish.

@MaryLamb Are you so selfish that you feel good about attacking people in every thread you post in? I just recently bought an Affinity Sterling Ring in the late night hours and planned to watch the Affinity Diamond Jewelry tonight at 11pm PDT which was replaced with an encore of the TSV. QVC won't be getting my money tonight.

Super Contributor

This new overnight format at QVC is lackluster and disappointing.  I watch between 2am to 7am and am now left with endless repeats. I hate it. I have been a customer of QVC for 30 years. I have always loved the fact it was broadcast live 24/7. Dump Q2 and Q3 if you're tring to save money. They're reruns too.  

Honored Contributor

There are pre-recorded infomercials on lots of channels.  I have never watched any of them and sure wouldn't watch them on Q.  They are trying to save money by not staffing.  To me, it's like using a self-checkout which also reduces the number of employees needed.  No thanks.