Occasional Contributor

I think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.  

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched QVC late at night sitting at the bedside of a sick family member, or during an overnight IT install, or just because I'm a night person.

QVC should realize that the west coast viewers will still be up far far into the east coast night.  And the early risers on the east coast will just be annoyed to see the same show at 5am that they saw at midnight.  

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

Valued Contributor

@Jax_QVC wrote:

I think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.  

I can't tell you the number of times I've watched QVC late at night sitting at the bedside of a sick family member, or during an overnight IT install, or just because I'm a night person.

QVC should realize that the west coast viewers will still be up far far into the east coast night.  And the early risers on the east coast will just be annoyed to see the same show at 5am that they saw at midnight.  

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

This is so true!! I totally agree with everything you said. It's a shame they've done this to us! Oh well, might just be a sign that it's time to move on!

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

My guess is that the number crunchers ($$$$) find that what it costs them to broadcast for 24 hours is quite a bit less than the revenue.

My Comcast only carries the one QVC channel...I do not see any merit to the others. Just confusing. Are any others actually broadcast anywhere except on the QVC computer site?

Super Contributor

@Jax_QVC wrote:

Did they really just repeat one coffee maker for 7 out of the last 9 hours of programming? Wow. Good way to have people stop watching and caring.

New Contributor

Agree.  I always watch at the 5-7am eastern time and enjoyed the new hosts.  They must be in bad financial shape to resort to the HSN normal of repeats on the main channel.  Maybe they should cut the program expense of having three channels.

Honored Contributor

Another subject on this over in Community Chat, should be here since it was a suggestion.

Guess QVC thinks it's not their job to keep us entertained , but, to buy.

Respected Contributor

All things change over time.  I think television shopping is on it's way downhill and this is another symptom. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Overnight repeats

[ Edited ]

Very strange, indeed. Doesn't seem to help with QVC's falling sales. IDK what they are thinking, but I've never worked or been a CEO of a retail company! Smiley Very Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I would just really like to understand why hsn and now qvc have chosen to go this route. Do these companies not have enough hosts to to be on air anymore? I know there's a new (female) president here, what about at hsn? Does the one here also run hsn? If there are no shows on, how do they think they can make money? And stay afloat?

Wonder what the hosts think about this. Are they happy with this change?

It's bizarre and annoying especially for those who happen to watch through these night hours.

I agree.  I am sure there are many people that are used to watching QVC throughout the night, myself included.  Extremely disappointing!

BTW HSN is doing the same thing!