Respected Contributor

I am amazed QVC is still in business with the shabby items shown on air. For example, just now a box of shortbread cookies, 24 small cookies for 49.99, was the item for sale. The cookies were individually wrapped and shipped in a nice white box. The cookies were not overly large to be sold at over $2.00 each.

However, the label on the box was crooked, as if it were slapped hastily on the box with no care. This is important as the "beautiful display box" was used as a selling point. The cookies themselves looked like the super cheap cookies that sell for .99 for a roll of basic cookies. The worst part, to me, is the icing decoration on the cookies looked like a child had played with it after it was put on the cookies! And although it was said the cookies were individually wrapped, a wrapped cookie was never shown.

I understand things happen. But I have been up close to manufacturers who rely on displays to sell their goods. When an item is going to be on display the manufacturer usually sends a PERFECT version of the item to be displayed. Thus, the label on the box to be displayed would have been placed on the box with exact precision. There would be a sample of the box, in perfection, to open and show the contents individually wrapped. Again, perfectly ready to show. Then, the cookies opened for display would be neat and precise, with no black Santa belts partially missing, no poinsettia petals mushed with color spread into the next, etc.

As I said, this is usually the manufacturer who makes sure the Aired samples are perfect, but QVC should have checked for these points as well. If the on air sample is that poorly executed, imagine the box a customer will receive!

I don't have to imagine it. QVC has been selling items whose quality seems more like a dollar store than at the prices QVC asks before the outrageous shipping charges, both from and back in the case of return.

I suggest QVC slow down, only offer items of which the quality is certain, and add a day onto shipping time so the workers in the shipping dept have time to do their jobs correctly.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: On air samples

[ Edited ]

Paragraphs and line spaces between paragraphs...... would make your story easier to read.

Our aged eyes aren't young any more so I violate proper writing rules .....to make reading easier.

The space bar should be there at the bottom of the keyboard.

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens  I will not read something that has no paragraphs or spaces.

If you want it read, fix it. I didn't get past the first few words and I have good eyesight.

Honored Contributor

She did write in paragraphs.  She just didn't leave an empty space between them.

Valued Contributor

Post is long but I was able to read it.  I did not notice the label but the decorations were a little messy.  Could be the sample was received late.  So many unusual things happening these days.  I am lucky to have trash picked up on the scheduled day.  The food shows are in need of examination on many levels but for this year I will give all a pass.

Esteemed Contributor

I read it just fine with the paragraphs.  I would kindly suggest it would be a bit easier if there was a space between the paragraphs.  

Super Contributor

Im sure you dont need to check the OP grammar.  Just read it.