Honored Contributor

Re: OUR PROFILES ARE VISIBLE IN GOOGLE SEARCH!!

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Hi, go to MY SETTINGS -- > PREFENCES -->  Select PRIVACY -->

There are three fileds on the right for setting your privacy . I selected "NONE"  for aother to view

SHOW Private information in Profile to NO ONE

SHOW email address  to No ONE

SHOW Online Status to NO ONE (unless you want to )  

Well I can't even find the My Settings place.  I think I found it once before, but I don't remember where.  I don't see it under "My Account."  This is frustrating.

Scroll to the top of the page where your name is. 

Hover your mouse cursor over your name. A popup menu will appear with My Settings as an option.

Here's what it looks like on my screen.

MySettings.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Hi, go to MY SETTINGS -- > PREFENCES -->  Select PRIVACY -->

There are three fileds on the right for setting your privacy . I selected "NONE"  for aother to view

SHOW Private information in Profile to NO ONE

SHOW email address  to No ONE

SHOW Online Status to NO ONE (unless you want to )  

Well I can't even find the My Settings place.  I think I found it once before, but I don't remember where.  I don't see it under "My Account."  This is frustrating.

Scroll to the top of the page where your name is. 

Hover your mouse cursor over your name. A popup menu will appear with My Settings as an option.

Here's what it looks like on my screen.

Thank you !!!!!!!!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Poster activity/posts have always been available on the internet.

The only difference this time around is that when you google your nicname, the URL that google directs you to is your profile page.

If you are logged in here and are doing the google search in another window, then you will see your private photos and email address.

If you are not logged in here and are doing the google search, you will see the information that is public, like sign up date, number of posts and actual posts.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently when I started a thread entitled "My Posting and Buying Days are Over", I didn't know it would be prophetic.  However, I just checked and yes, when I'm signed in in order to post, I can google and see everything that I have made PRIVATE for the QVC Forums.,.. including my email address, and my private photos.  If I'm not signed in, then you can see everything else, my avatar, other information, posting history, hearts given, hearts received, ALL OF IT.  I knew that previous posts were available through a Google search for a long time, but NOT THIS!

If I didn't want my email address to be PRIVATE, I wouldn't have set it that way for the forums.  So now, it may be private to other posters, unless they choose to google my nic, and if I'm signed on, then they and the rest of the world can get my email address.  

NOT GOOD, QVC.  IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO KEEP MY EMAIL ADDRESS PRIVATE, THEN I'M OUT OF HERE FOR GOOD! 

See birdmama's post #37 - this is wrong.  If you mark your email and pics as private, they remain that way.  Some of us still had a thing or two to learn here!! Giggling animated emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

The ironic thing- webbie can be so quick to poof posts but they remain on the internet! 

Super Contributor

Changing your settings WILL NOT change the fact that all of your posts and information are visible on Google, or any search engine.  This is how it is on any public forum you are on. There is NOTHING private about the internet.What you post on the internet is available for anyone to see that has a tiny bit of computer knowledge and is interested in finding out about YOU.

This is not an encripted website, like a banking website. Anyone who wants to know about you can find everything you have ever posted onlineeasily. this is how the internet works. There is nothing you can do to stop it, escept stop posting. I do not believe there is even a way to delete your QVC forum account. it is here for eternity. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  thank you for the alert.  Since I hadn't realized that ALL of my graphics would be available on the interenet to view (there were a couple that I didn't want to advertise), I went in and unchecked all of my pictures to make them private, except the avatar.

I am still exploring how to make sure that when I post these, they will be either private or public.  Thanks for the heads up!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Kittymom, are you online right now?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Bird mama  thank you for the alert.  Since I hadn't realized that ALL of my graphics would be available on the interenet to view (there were a couple that I didn't want to advertise), I went in and unchecked all of my pictures to make them private, except the avatar.

I am still exploring how to make sure that when I post these, they will be either private or public.  Thanks for the heads up!

I'm signing in just long enough to post a reply if I choose to. Just wanted to make sure you realize that even though you make your pictures private, if you're signed in they are visible through google search.  I have two pictures labeled "private" and my avatar.  If I'm signed in then all of them are visible along with my email address.  If I'm not signed in, the private pictures and my email address are not visible.  

I just sent  message through feedback about this.  It is inexcusable, in my opinion.  I always knew our posting was available, but this is a whole different ball game, and I for one, am VERY UPSET.  Apparently my email address has been available since this new forum was started, and I didn't always sign out.  I will be signed out now, probably until and if they fix this.  It is a MAJOR FAIL ON THE PART OF QVC.

See birdmama's post #37 - this is wrong.  If you mark your email and pics as private, they remain that way.  Some of us still had a thing or two to learn here!! Giggling animated emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

I just attempted to change my priviacy settings, but it does not matter. My information is still available. I know that our posting history has always been available. I was just shocked that my picture came up as well.