Honored Contributor

Re: OK - Enough is Enough with Christmas in July!

@Winter Holiday wrote:

I like the Christmas programming. Christmas is not just a season its a frame of mind and its spirit is something people are supposed to live and practice 365.  There is programming I don't like but I don't post or comment that it shouldn't exist because I don't like it. I change the channel or pretend it doesn't exist. I don't know why there are people that attempt to prevent others from liking or having the things THEY like.

I don't think anyone is preventing, just expressing how they feel, and probably not watching.

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@grooms wrote:

KYToby........that is a real snotty reply - yes, I do know they are in business - duh - but they can and should be respectful of the Christmas season.   Maybe YOU should learn to write nicer responses!

I do think QVC wants to know what people think.  Otherwise why go to the expense of having this forum.  They are collecting a lot of information about us -- what we like, don't like, other places we shop, our health, activities, pets . . .  

I agree that starting Christmas shopping in July probably makes them a lot of money and is here to stay, but it never hurts to say what you think.  I don't really understand why they do one category of anything for days at a time.   

I agree with your 2nd paragraph.  But not totally convinced they use this board for feedback either

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

They do it every year soooooooooo ...

but it used to be just one day, which is understandable,  now it's 2 solid days every week!  

who buys that much stuff for Christmas that is 5 months away?

Once the constant CIJ is no longer profitable it will go away

Apparently LOTS of folks, as the Q wouldn't do it if it wasn't profitable!

While you cannot understand Christmas shopping in July, or comprehend how much "stuff" others buy in this arena, I cannot comprehend people spending hundreds of dollars on a single handbag let alone having many of them.  I can't identify with people who buy and wear lots of jewelry.  We're all different.

I don't begrudge others having their programming, I just don't watch.

Respected Contributor

I never buy anything but I like to watch CIJ shows because it's a change of pace.  I get tired of their usual programming because it's the same things over and over.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it and won't apologize for loving it either. I also loved the two Hallmark stations who played Christmas movies earlier in the month.  I also have respect for others who feel differently than I do, as well!  Peace to all this hot July afternoon!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

Hi pandalady_1.    I think to keep everyone happy, maybe they could have every other day of Christmas in July and and have a day of variety , that way everyone is happy.   

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Hi pandalady_1.    I think to keep everyone happy, maybe they could have every other day of Christmas in July and and have a day of variety , that way everyone is happy.   

@BalletBabe  I would agree with that!  Hope all is well with you today!Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pandalady _1   Better today then yesterday!  We had a horrible storm here and it took me 4 hours to pick up all the branches in the yard.  We needed the rain but not all at once!   Hope you are well today also. 

Valued Contributor

you make me chuckle,you love to get under peoples skin,but i think you are funny!!

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Pandalady _1   Better today then yesterday!  We had a horrible storm here and it took me 4 hours to pick up all the branches in the yard.  We needed the rain but not all at once!   Hope you are well today also. 

I hope everyone is ok with your family!  All is well with me. Enjoying the week.  Teachers in my system return Monday and our kiddos start August 1.  At least we have Fall break in September.