Honored Contributor

Re: OK - Enough is Enough with Christmas in July!

@Karen622 wrote:

I completely agree!!  Have one 24 hrs of Christmas in July, similar to St. Patricks Day, and then that's it.  It's overkill at this point!  

I'd agree to this if they did the same with the fashion and shoes and beauty and jewelry as well. If they are going to have all day or all weekend events, then every category should get theirs, not just what "I" like.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Any time I see all this junk made in China wares sold on the Christmas in July programming I always remember that the word "tacky" is often used to describe home shopping. I guess it is to be expected...anything goes to make a buck. 

My experience with home decor has taught me something. 

"Tacky" isn't in the object, it is in the hands of the decorator. Virtually any object shown in home decor or holiday merchandise could be described as 'tacky' when it has not been used in the right setting, paired with the proper coordinating pieces or introduced into the wrong environment.  

Anyone who is really good at home decor, can take any style or type of decor and pieces of any quality level or price point, and make something quite nice with them, when they know what they are doing. It's all in the presentation.

Valued Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Any time I see all this junk made in China wares sold on the Christmas in July programming I always remember that the word "tacky" is often used to describe home shopping. I guess it is to be expected...anything goes to make a buck. 

So where do you find your Made in the USA Christmas decor?   I would love to know.