New Contributor

I am quite distressed to see that QVC is still selling down products.  Finally fur products are gone because of  the cruelty aspect, and down is no different.  It is obtained in a painful, horrifying manner - I doubt that most people are even aware.  You want to be responsible with clean beauty products, etc......please hold to this tenet and stop promoting down filled products.  There are many good synthetics.  

Honored Contributor

I've seen the picture/videos of this horrifying process,...

[ Edited ]

I've seen the picture/videos of this horrifying process, you would never consider owning a down product if you witnessed this cruelty.  If you love animals, you would never support this archaic nightmare of slow torture.  

Respected Contributor

I do not trust any pictures to promote an agenda.  

Very selective by the folks who target products bought by those who can afford them, whether down, fur, or leather.  

I buy down for all my jackets that require serious weather protection and I will continue to.

Honored Contributor

Yes, This torture is terrible. Everyone knows how to research or even see these things in real life.  No down or fur for me. My opinion only of course.

Respected Contributor

We were able to ban Dog Racing in the state of Florida ...

Honored Contributor

Nothing warmer than REAL DOWN.   The so-called down alternative doesn't even come close. 

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.  Activitist groups would have you believe one horrid case they dig up is the rule.  Not necessarily so. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You know.... how on Earth does a human stay warm when it's below zero? Somethings gotta give, sorry. I've had pneumonia once in my life and you never get over that feeling that you're drowning. I vowed too never be cold again, no matter what.

Super Contributor

Geese are live plucked to get their down layer. Painful and cruel practice. CBS did a story on this in 2016 and Eddie Bauer, lands end and other big names said they would get only ethically sourced down, I don't know if they did. The TSV from China is unlikely to have any ethical sourcing which probably costs more to obtain. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No more down!

[ Edited ]

@Rose429   Unfortunately, "ethical" sourcing is like "humanely" killing.  The only ethical down would be faux.  Everyone will decide their priorities in life.  I choose to believe that people just aren't educated in the reality, it is challenging to witness the suffering.  Animals have no choice, I respect those that provide a voice.  

Valued Contributor

I really have to wonder about the hearts of people who know the cruelty and continue to wear it.  Just how do you think it gets in your coat?  Let someone restrain you and rip out all of your body hair until your bleeding and senseless and then see how you feel about it.