Trusted Contributor

Please as part of the presentations state that the product is an advanced order and give the expected date it will be available/shipped.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I agree as it can get confusing for sure. The real doozie for me was a few weeks back David must have said two or three times the item was in stock and ready to ship out so no worries. I ordered it as he was talking and when it showed up in my order status it immediately said Advanced Order. WTH?!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Advanced Order!

[ Edited ]

@avid shopper I placed an order this morning, and as soon as the order was placed, "Advanced Order" showed up. I immediately canceled the order. Current shipping time is already horrible. Why would anyone want to wait even longer for their "Advance Order" item to arrive? There is nothing I need that badly. 

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

@avid shopper I placed an order this morning, and as soon as the order was placed, "Advanced Order" showed up. I immediately canceled the order. Current shipping time is already horrible. Why would anyone want to wait even longer for their item to arrive? There is nothing I need that badly. 

@Jeanne from VA 

Exactly!  There is nothing I need that badly, so Why does it matter how long it takes???

Why wouldn't I wait even longer?  What's the rush for a new sweater etc.

QVC does not sell life sustaining items so it really doesn't matter if the shipping is slower.

There is nothing QVC sells that any of us can't live without.

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA   current shipping time is apparently incredibly random.    In the last 2 or 3 years since I began to see the complaints, I have had no deliveries that arrived later than the usual time QVC deliveries always arrived for me.  

Just this week, I ordered Josie's TSV.  It was late Monday evening before I decided, but it's out for delivery already.  That will be 4 days BEFORE the EDD.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered two of the TSV blankets that are both lshown in my order status as advanced order which they didn't say during the presentation.  One is for me, so it's not a problem to wait, but I'm planning to mail my gifts early this year, so it would be helpful to know when it is expected to arrive so that I can plan accordingly and get a different gift if necessary. 

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

@avid shopper I placed an order this morning, and as soon as the order was placed, "Advanced Order" showed up. I immediately canceled the order. Current shipping time is already horrible. Why would anyone want to wait even longer for their item to arrive? There is nothing I need that badly. 

@Jeanne from VA 

Exactly!  There is nothing I need that badly, so Why does it matter how long it takes???

Why wouldn't I wait even longer?  What's the rush for a new sweater etc.

QVC does not sell life sustaining items so it really doesn't matter if the shipping is slower.

There is nothing QVC sells that any of us can't live without.

Having a delivery date is very important if you live in a city or any area with active porch pirates. I have to be home to literally stalk delivery services to make sure my deliveries aren't intercepted by thieves. Advanced delivery makes is very hard to make appointments or plan other activities that take me away from home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

oh gosh @Jasmine19 

that is terrible!

we are blessed that there has never been a porch theft in our development.

I would DEF have it shipped elsewhere then...work, mom/neighbor/friend who is  always home,  church....etc.

Even if I know a pkg is being delivered that day....I have NO idea what time mail, UPS, FEDex  or others will be arriving.  I am not about to sit home for any pkg.

Fedex has a nasty habit of listing it 'Out For Delivery'...for 3 days before it ever arrives!

Can't trust the shippers at all.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife There are other issues involved with deliveries this time of the year other than someone being impatient. Many people travel during the holidays. They may see their families who live in distant places only at Thanksgiving, for example. Perhaps they would like to gift a QVC Christmas present early to a family member. Perhaps a person would also prefer to not have a QVC package sitting on their porch for an extended period of time while they are traveling and perhaps increase the likelihood of theft. It is a person's prerogative to determine for themselves how long they are willing to wait for an "Advance Order", and their reasons may be varied. 

Valued Contributor

@millieshops You are fortunate that your packages always arrive on time. Currently, I have an order I placed nine days ago (it was not an " Advance Order"). According to tracking, it is currently at the wrong USPS site. I guess it will get here eventually.