Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA 

Everything you say may be valid reasons...in NORMAL times!

Totally valid reasons IF we were not dealing with a pandemic, staffing & warehouse crisis, shipping crisis, delivery crisis, fuel crisis...and everything else!

We may NOT have the luxury of meeting our preferences this year.

Every reason and thought  you list is lovely....but what I would like or expect may NOT happen sadly.

Early planning and tons of patience is the only thing that will help us get through,.

NO vendor is going to be able to meet ALL customer's expectations.  Impossible under these circumstances.  They clearly don't want to lose sales.

It may be your prerogative to make your own determinations, but that doesn't mean they will be met.

We all have to be realistic!  Some things will be late, some will never show up.  We need to get over it and instead focus on our blessings and families...not gifts and things.

Again, if you are going out of town, not going to be home...CHANGE the ship to!  Very easy solution to pkgs on porches.

Contributor

HSnis doing the same thing! I ordered a air fryer oven on the retense that it was in stock and ready to ship, even the vendor mentioned 2-3 times that we would have it by ThanksgivingSuddenly a week later I see it is extened delivery and I get an apology email stating the shipping has been held up and they are "hopeful" to get it out ASAP and no later than an ETA of 12/7. That's not going help me much with the Thanksgiving meal prep now is it?

Contributor

My TSV blanket that was advanced order this AM has changed to "In process", so maybe it was just a glitch on how they reported status at first. 

I responded to a post on Instgram showing the Gili Yellowstone sherpa and said I ordered a sherpa from Gili when it was a TSV and it showed in stock and now, sometime later, it shows advance order ??  What is going on ?? I am supposed to list my order number so you can check it out.  Order number 6572722412     Please let me know if I need to cancel this or will I get it bfore winter is over ??   

Thanks, Kris

Trusted Contributor

Another channel is calling it "delayed delivery" which is probably more accurate. Advanced order means they are selling something they don't have yet.