Respected Contributor

Re: Newer Hosts

[ Edited ]

Was looking for Susan Graver's bomber jacket and Alex Butler was on the video with a stand-in for Susan. Thank goodness, together Susan and Alex together would have cancelled each other out!

I have said it before and will say it again--Alex Butler is unwatchable.  The language, again "wowza" galls me, the domination of the floor and presentation is more than this viewer can handle.  This tentative-host is without doubt the worst I have ever seen.....and just will not watch her again, even if I am interested in a item in which she dominates the video.  Just awful!

Super Contributor

The newbies will either sink or swim.  Starting a new job, as most of us know, is very stressful and intimidating and scary sometimes until we've been there a while and start feeling like we know what we're doing.  That being said, I do wish that the Q had looked at finding hosts that were more mainstreamed middle America.  There are most definitely some "seasoned" hosts that I don't care to watch and simply turn down the volumne.  I'm somewhere between 50 & 60, so  guess I'm over cutesy tootsie hosts that talk too fast or ramble on.  A recent seasoned host was so busy applying lip gloss throughout the show that it was ridiculous!  I am a huge Dooney fan and record all the Q's shows.  Dooney's younger host doesn't come across to me as a true Dooney girl.  She looks like more of the LV, Michael Kors, etc. type.  But she's young, pretty and blonde so that's what matters when it comes to marketing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Was looking for Susan Graver's bomber jacket and Alex Butler was on the video with a stand-in for Susan. Thank goodness, together Susan and Alex together would have cancelled each other out!

I have said it before and will say it again--Alex Butler is unwatchable.  The language, again "wowza" galls me, the domination of the floor and presentation is more than one viewer can handle.  This tentative-host is without doubt the worst I have ever seen.....and just will not watch her again, even if I am interested in a item in which she dominates the video.  Just awful!

The language that  gets me, "Can I get an Amen?!" and "What???" Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

The newbies will either sink or swim.  Starting a new job, as most of us know, is very stressful and intimidating and scary sometimes until we've been there a while and start feeling like we know what we're doing.  That being said, I do wish that the Q had looked at finding hosts that were more mainstreamed middle America.  There are most definitely some "seasoned" hosts that I don't care to watch and simply turn down the volumne.  I'm somewhere between 50 & 60, so  guess I'm over cutesy tootsie hosts that talk too fast or ramble on.  A recent seasoned host was so busy applying lip gloss throughout the show that it was ridiculous!  I am a huge Dooney fan and record all the Q's shows.  Dooney's younger host doesn't come across to me as a true Dooney girl.  She looks like more of the LV, Michael Kors, etc. type.  But she's young, pretty and blonde so that's what matters when it comes to marketing.

@DianeFM    No one, but no one can present a Dooney&Bourke bag like Sue Clifton, she truly is the one and only D&B dynamo.  No one else can do D&B justice......

Frequent Contributor

I will say one thing, the new group of hosts have saved me money! I've been changing the channel quite a bit.

Valued Contributor

So TRUE,  I hardley watch now!!!

Occasional Contributor

I feel Katey Mcgee is one of the best...she keeps her voice low and no sillyness with her. I first saw here in early morning hours and couldn't believe how well she presented everything and as a new host....

Valued Contributor

I'm not going to bash or make a negative comment on any of the host.

Katie McGee, while not one of the newest ones, is AMAZING. I love everything about her demeanor and how she presents. What a jewel.

And Mary Nelson may be one of  the VERY BEST HIRES the Q has made in a while.

She is a class act!

Contributor

I absolutely agree with Castlenv.  When the new hosts come on I turn the TV off.  They are a waste of my time and patience.  Unprofessional and loud.

Occasional Visitor

completely agree-very disappointed in new hosts except Mary Nelson and Courtney.  The new ones remind me of Stacy Stouffer who also lack professionalism.