Frequent Contributor

Your new hosts would do well to watch Pat or Sandra with Susan Graver and learn how to move the vendor along without being rude or obnoxious.  I watch Susan a lot and like her but she needs a nudge now and again to get to the colors or models.  Those two hosts do it well!:

Honored Contributor

@MAIZEYTrue -  but that ease Pat and Sandra have is a learned and practiced skill.  Takes time.

I've never trained a QVC host, but I have trained people in other jobs -  experience is a wonderful teacher.  I trust that the new hosts will make the same progress Pat and Sandra have.  Only a few of us are able to start at the head of the class.

Respected Contributor

I certainly agree that some hosts do a better job of controlling Susan Graver.  Pat and Sandra do it as well as anyone can. The problem I see is that Susan has to be "controlled". She's a grown woman - a grandmother.  Why can't she be requird to control herself?  I know QVC can't "get rid of her", but they certainly can insist on her other representatives appearing for her rather than her coming on with rude behavior and arrogance. The gals who sub for her are all competent and courteous.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that Pat & Susan work well together...i have to disagree about Susan & Sandra.....at times Sandra is even worse with the overtalking...non relevant subjects, etc.....and at least Susan is talking about the product....Sandra often goes off into stories or where one can wear these items and often doesn't relay the specifications of the clothing........i wish Sunday nights there would be another host with Susan.....I actually like Antonella with her.,......and i even  think Jayne Brown does  a good job..................the funny thing is when a couple times the hosts left Susan to talk by herself for a few minutes she actually slowed down and talked slowly..............and i thought....she would prob be better doing her own show!!

Honored Contributor

Although I like some of SG's items when they're on sale, I can't watch her for more than 5 mintues regardless of who the host is.