Honored Contributor

I mostly watch my favorite Q shows on DVR. It's quite frustrating, over the next 5 weeks, to see endless hours of LATE NIGHT GIFTS, BLACK FRIDAY GIFTS, DAN'S FAVORITE GIFTS, SHAWN'S FAVORITE GIFTS...I will not be recording 18 hrs. of unspecified gift items....when would I have time to fast forward through them? I just skip all of them when going through the guide to record. I think you're missing the chance here to lump electronics, beauty, clothing, etc. together in a 3 hr. block of gift time & let us choose which shows we'd like to watch. It's pointless to mix Poo Pourri with IPads and jewelry items. 

Respected Contributor

Re: NO MORE UNTITLED GIFT SHOWS

Once they start their holiday gift shows, they might as well loop the same show over and over and save themselves some money.  Because it's the same products over, and over, and over, .....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I mostly watch my favorite Q shows on DVR. It's quite frustrating, over the next 5 weeks, to see endless hours of LATE NIGHT GIFTS, BLACK FRIDAY GIFTS, DAN'S FAVORITE GIFTS, SHAWN'S FAVORITE GIFTS...I will not be recording 18 hrs. of unspecified gift items....when would I have time to fast forward through them? I just skip all of them when going through the guide to record. I think you're missing the chance here to lump electronics, beauty, clothing, etc. together in a 3 hr. block of gift time & let us choose which shows we'd like to watch. It's pointless to mix Poo Pourri with IPads and jewelry items. 

@Shanus, I totally agree with you.   I've been thinking about this in recent weeks (I'm not been well, so I have a lot of time on my hands...).  There are enough products sold by QVC that they could very easily categorize shows:  Gifts for the Cook (all kitchen items); gifts for the Honey-Do List Doer (leaf blowers, pressure washers, all the mechanical stuff); Gifts for the Home, and so on.  There are so many possibilities.  I would be more inclined to watch shows that I'm interested in than tuning into a mish-mash of hit-or-miss presentations and missing something I might consider buying.

Trusted Contributor

I never watch untitled gift shows.  Basically this means that from October through December I rarely watch QVC.

Respected Contributor

I agree with all of you. I'd venture to say that we have pretty much seen the offerings for this year and the title of the show is irrelevant. It's all the same stuff I didn't want last week. I won't want it next week either. For next year, put the old merchandise on a real clear out sale and offer something new please (not just 4 new colors).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they'd videotaped their rotten generic gift shows five or six years ago they could've saved themselves a boatload of money by just going to the video for four to six weeks every fall... The shows are dreadful... I never watch them... Who wants to sit through hour after hour of that tedium on the off chance they'll actually present something new, interesting or desirable... amidst all the dreary, oft-repeated offerings...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I agree - I don't care for the "gift" programming either.  That being said however sometimes - so much of the time - when I turn them on I do find something I can't live without.  

Respected Contributor

Agree....which is why I completely stop watching QVC between October and January.

Programming and presentations are boring enough as it is -- I can't be bothered sitting through hours of "unknowns" to see maybe one or two products I may be interested in. It's a total waste of my time.

Super Contributor

I agree, and don't watch these shows!  If the Q can't be bothered to schedule the show ahead of time for THE CUSTOMER'S convenience, instead of theirs, then they won't get my money!  Who makes these decisions upstairs in the boardroom? 

Valued Contributor

I have one- Gifts for people with ADHD, or Gifts for people who are easily bored, or gifts for those who we irritate easily....