Trusted Contributor

So, the OP is essentially complaining that QVC does not charge enough and resents the fact that others who opt to purchase the item a day after she did are not paying significantly more.  That's what she's saying -- regardless of how she spins it.

When it comes to purchasing anything (from anywhere), it is up to the consumer to deterine if the price is good.  If the price makes sense for the purchaser, then by all means bu it; however, complaining later because you could have found it cheaper elsewhere or that the sales price was not as great as you though is no one's fault buy your own,

Honored Contributor

I have certainly bought items from Amazon where the prices have gone up or down after I bought. Once the price dropped $40 two days after purchase (I did get them to adjust that one). $3? Good grief - that's chump change. Anything $5 or less is just not worth getting my knickers in a twist about.

QVC might be trying to find a sweet spot selling price for the item. Sellers do such things. Macy's can say anything they want on the price tag as to what an item's non-sale price "was" - and they probably never sold it for that price, so the "sale" price is just as meaningless as QVC's.

It's all just words. How much you believe them out of hand is the issue. QVC sells to people they think they can fool the easiest. If you allow yourself to BE fooled, well ...

I comparison shop EVERYTHING. I buy the best and/or easiest/simplest deal for me - which might not be the same for others. My shopping is not restricted to QVC. They're not forcing me to buy from them. They're not my sweet grandma, they're a retailer. I'm a smart cookie - I know what's a good price and what isn't, *regardless* of how it's presented and by whom.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Watching a TSV, seeing how many they might offer for sale (100,000+units) you would think with the volume, the  price could be better.  Or at least a discount on shipping.

I watch other TV sellers & they might have a "special" for the day, a real discount but they don't have 100s of 1000s to go around.

Trusted Contributor

I think what the OP is saying is for TSV's, QVC will list the TSV price and the QVC price.  The assumption is that after the TSV price expires, it will be sold at the QVC price but in most cases it's sold at a lower Featured Price so the TSV savings are reduced.

This is helpful information to have as you may want to delay ordering if you know the item will only cost a few dollars move later on.  For budgeting purposes.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has been cited by more than one consumer watchdog group,for having mis-leading pricing formulas.  BUy from them as you wish but you should be aware you are not getting any great deals.

Respected Contributor

@QueenofTheQ I get what you are saying and have pointed this out myself in other posts. Macy's got busted for this type of sale on their Martha Stewart line. The items had never been sold at the "regular" price so the sale price was not an actual sale. So Macy's has to put her stuff at a higher price for a least a few days a year now to claim that the sale price is legit. Q plays the same game comparing the TSV price to the Q price, when it should be compared to the featured price. It irks me too. I seldom rush to purchase a TSV because the savings are minimal in most (not all) cases. 

Contributor

That's exactly what I'm saying.  I'm glad a few of you get what I meant.   I'm not 'spinning' anything,  I get $3 is chump change.  It's the principle of the thing.  It's dishonest.  I don't know how I can explain it any better than that.  I'm not cheap.  I spend a lot at QVC.  I shop for the convenience.  I know I can get things cheaper in stores a lot of the time.  I'm just not big on them falsely claiming a savings amount that just isn't true.  End of rant for me.  But, I do appreciate those of you who got what I was saying.

Contributor

So, the OP is essentially complaining that QVC does not charge enough and resents the fact that others who opt to purchase the item a day after she did are not paying significantly more.  That's what she's saying -- regardless of how she spins it.

Wrong.  I don't resent what anyone else pays.  I don't even resent what I pay!! I only care that QVC is misleading when they show on screen graphics on TSV day that imply I'm saving $6 if I bought the sheets on the day of the TSV when that isn't true at all.  Simple as that.  No spin zone.  

Honored Contributor

QVC got caught inflating the 'if purchased separately' price on a Tracfone  I bought a few months ago.  I got a letter of apology saying they still felt the TSV price was a great value.  I'm glad some watchdog caught their "error".  Alas, that turned out to be my last purchase after I saw how an elderly poster in the friends thread was harassed by QVC.  Their lack of integrity made it clear that I wouldn't be doing business with them.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

QVC got caught inflating the 'if purchased separately' price on a Tracfone  I bought a few months ago.  I got a letter of apology saying they still felt the TSV price was a great value.  I'm glad some watchdog caught their "error".  Alas, that turned out to be my last purchase after I saw how an elderly poster in the friends thread was harassed by QVC.  Their lack of integrity made it clear that I wouldn't be doing business with them.

You know it was serious if Q had to address this misrepresentation in writing. I have seen their video explaining all their pricing, shown in the middle of the night, and it's clear they have a complicated system for pricing that is full of legal loopholes. The more levels of pricing and definitions a company has tends to puts me on guard. One has to look past all the pricing claims and evaluate the offer for the price you are paying for what you get. If comparison shopping, check model numbers or amount of product, etc. to make sure the items from another source are the same as offered on Q.