Contributor

Re: Models stop tucking tops in front

As for this subject of half tuck of shirts.... it's just a personal choice.  I think when you are trying to sell a shirt, you should be able to see the shirt how it would hang normally.  I also agree with some others that when presenting a shirt, it should not be under a jacket or sweater of any kind...and don't have a handbag hanging on their shoulder either....you are trying to sell the shirt!!  As long as we are talking about annoyances in presentations, STOP HAVING THE MODELS HAVE THEIR HANDS IN POCKETS OF PANTS - WHO WALKS AROUND THAT WAY?!  I want to see the pants how they fit without hands in pockets please!  

Honored Contributor

@buzzie2 wrote:

Models and hosts need to wear tops to show the customer what it looks like. Tucking it in really aggravates the heck out of me. How are we supposed to see the length etc without being properly displayed.

I agree. When showing tops, untuck them!  When showing pants, tuck in the top. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I think it's silly and makes the wearer look sloppy and dumb. Probably teenage girls can get away with it but it looks pretty dumb on mature women--unless they have really great figures.

Respected Contributor

@depglass 

Agreed.  If selling pants, by all means have a top tucked in or raise.  Have to see whole pant.

If selling top, let it fall normally to show lines and length.  Ways to wear is an option but not prime look.

Respected Contributor

If you have a big belly please don't do the tuck.

Valued Contributor

I must agree, this "trend" is seriously annoying. Years from now, people will look back on it and be mortified that they ever wore their clothing like this.

And for selling tops, blouses, t-shirts, etc, it is useless and unhelpful. We need to see the shirt. 

Esteemed Contributor

Reminds me of the way my husband ACCIDENTALLY wears his shirts.  I always tease him that he never looks in the mirror.  So when I see this I just laugh that there are LIKE SOULS out there.  Personally I would not do that.  Either in or out in my case but not both. 

Respected Contributor

The half tuck looks really bad if the model has a big tummy. 

That's the last thing I want to focus on.