Frequent Contributor

Just checked the website and now they are using military time??  What was wrong with the normal am, pm time?  I just want to see what's on when.......not do mental math to see what time of day it really is.  Why would they change it?  Sometimes they just need to leave things alone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Military Time on Website

I just noticed it!! What gives? This is only going to confuse customers. I'm not happy.If I'm not happy I don't shop!!!

Occasional Contributor

Too funny.  Exactly what I've been thinking for a couple of weeks.  At first I thought it was a mistake, but I guess not.  I hope they don't start changing things to Celcius and Liters, etc.  My older brain doesn't want to do math any more!  haha

Honored Contributor

I've never been part of the military or of a military family, but I see nothing wrong with military time, and if I get to the point that I can't figure out whether it's day or night, I probably shouldn't be shopping anywhere at all. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding Smiley Happy  I have an exceptionally high IQ and, therefore, the ability to compute......however, we are not the only ones shopping.  It is not the accepted standard for timekeeping, therefore, why change it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Angelmanmom wrote:

Just checked the website and now they are using military time??  What was wrong with the normal am, pm time?  I just want to see what's on when.......not do mental math to see what time of day it really is.  Why would they change it?  Sometimes they just need to leave things alone.

Where ????  I don't see any military time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen this yet but, geez, it's pretty easy.   If the number is higher than 12 just subtract 12.  Smiley Happy

e.g. 1300 hours - 13 minus 12 = 1, so it's 1pm.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

or  12 noon is 1200, midnight is 2400

1300 therefore is 1 p.m.

1800 is 6 pm

2100 is 9 pm

go 3 hrs either way if you need to and you're there.

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Angelmanmom wrote:

Where ????  I don't see any military time.

WHERE please @Angelmanmom I haven't come across any military time on this website. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge- I presume the OP is referring to the dropdown menus for "Shop QVC TV".  The times for shows are now shown by the 24-hour clock (aka military time).

I can't believe that anyone is seriously bothered by this.  I find it second nature to convert it, but perhaps that's because I spent my working life in I.T..