Frequent Contributor
Sometimes there are so many boxes displayed on screen you cannot see the product or presentation. Very annoying when you are really interested in a product.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Message boxes on tv screen

Honored Contributor

@Beaches 1956 wrote:
Sometimes there are so many boxes displayed on screen you cannot see the product or presentation. Very annoying when you are really interested in a product.

Once, years ago, Saturday Nite Live did a skit about QVC. They showed a host talking about a product and then a box went up. She kept talking and then another went up. It kept happening until only her face was visible in the middle of the boxes and she was still talking. The product was no longer even visible. It was hilarious and so true!

Honored Contributor

I noticed that too. But I do like that they post the information in those boxes. I guess what I would like NOT to see is what is on QVC2, which they sometimes show. That makes what is happening on QVC regular channel even harder to see.

Then on my Direct TV there is the little notification that if you press the red button on the remote, you can purchase the product immediately from the screen.

Toss in the fact that I like to have closed captioning on because sometimes not understanding what they are saying, that makes it even worse. But that is something I have control over, so is not a QVC concern.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Judaline Very funny. Must be a YouTube on that somewhere.