Regular Contributor

I just watched a Clarks and Dooney show hosted by Mary DeAngelis. It was an awesome 3 hours of programming.  Mary was great, she informed, entertained and gave the brand reps an opportunity to discuss the product, without talking at the same time or talking all over them. I don't usually watch QVC shows much anymore, but wanted to see what was new with Clarks. It was such a great show with Amy and Mary that I stayed to watch Adriennne and Mary.  QVC this is what you need from your hosts...jumping around, yelling, laughing about nothing and talking about things that are totally mind numbing is why I stopped watching. This is supposed to be a shopping network not a late night talk show. 

Trusted Contributor

completely agree with your statement

Respected Contributor

@DasMEM2   I agree whole heartedly.  I'm tired of the goofy business that happens when most of the hosts are presenting.  Mary is fantastic and informative always and makes the program interesting. 

Valued Contributor

She is one of the best.I will always watch when she is on!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I also enjoy Mary, but her cooking show goes way off the rails sometimes!  Just a bit too much loud noise, silliness and loss of focus.....

Frequent Contributor

In my opinion, she’s the best host on QVC.  I can watch her even when it’s something I’m not that interested in, lol.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mary DeAngelis

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

I also enjoy Mary, but her cooking show goes way off the rails sometimes!  Just a bit too much loud noise, silliness and loss of focus.....

@corita  I use to enjoy Mary who was a benefit on ITKWD but when she got her own ITKWM, over the last year it evolved into the kind of silliness that ITKWD has become.  The obnoxious, loud drumbeat music and silly behavior with vendors has made the show unwatchable for me, so I do not watch any shows hosted by Mary.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love ITKWM—Mary manages to make her show fun while still sharing key product details, though I could do without the little games (and I don't miss the social host even though I liked her in general). Somehow, she finds ways to make the same ol' items seem fresh and interesting, and I like her kitchen hacks and even sometimes watch the aftershow.

I feel like ITKWD has become obnoxiously repetitive in content, product presentations, and host phrases/reactions. And while I realize that he has a producer in his ear, it seems like David often doesn't listen to the vendors, repeating what they just said and asking questions about things that were described only seconds beforehand. I don't notice that behavior with any other host and find it quite disconcerting and inconsiderate. All that said, though, I love kitchen gadgets and entertaining items, so I still at least check out what is/was on and often have the show on in the background, even if it's on mute while I'm reading (weird, I know) . . . with the exception of the utterly juvenile Friday show, which I simply cannot tolerate.

Honored Contributor

I think !Mary  was a better fit as David’s sidekick.

Valued Contributor

Each vendor is her old friend.