Valued Contributor

I'm sure this will be shut down but I just don't understand some of these hosts that eat on air like they haven't eaten in days.  And then they go on to talk with their mouth full. So rude.  I'm sure you were taught better.

Honored Contributor

i agree.  Especially with the two host/hostess who typically do the evening food shows.  I no longer can watch them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Manners lacking....

[ Edited ]

I believe that the hosts are under instruction from their bosses to dive into the food and gorge.  Given how long this has been the sales approach on QVC food programming, evidently the powers that be have data to prove this tactic works.

Honored Contributor

Trixx wrote:

I believe that the hosts are under instruction from their bosses to dive into the food and gorge.  Given how long this has been the sales approach on QVC food programming, evidently the powers that be have data to prove this tactic works.

Yup!  This complaint crops up every time there is a food show, so I would also conclude that it is by design.

Honored Contributor

They're told to eat the food and they're paid to talk, so what to do?  It would be nice if they took the camera off them so they could discretely spit it out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think they are under the assumption that if they are hungry when they do the shows and just basically dive in then it comes across to the viewers that the food is delicious and will make them think they just have to try it. It is hard to describe the taste of something but they are hoping that by their expressions while they are eating and then talking about it at the same time will come across as it is delicous order yours now!!!

Respected Contributor

If the producers of food shows tell the hosts to eat with gusto, they must tell a certain host to enjoy her food like she is in the throes of passion. It is just gross.

Trusted Contributor

If you are so bothered by this, why do you continue to watch?

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

If the producers of food shows tell the hosts to eat with gusto, they must tell a certain host to enjoy her food like she is in the throes of passion. It is just gross.

Academy Award worthy. Maybe it distracts the viewer from seeing the ridiculous high prices.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

2dtx9wl.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif