Honored Contributor

"hoping that by their expressions while they are eating and then talking about it at the same time will come across as it is delicous order yours now!!!"

Spoiler
-1.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor
I am another one of those disgusted by the piggish eating on these food shows. Especially one who feeds himself like he'll never have another meal. Yesterday he reached right over the Rastelli guy while he was slicing the steak so he could grab a piece of meat. As if it wouldn't be there after the rep finished slicing. Not a class act at all!
Valued Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
I am another one of those disgusted by the piggish eating on these food shows. Especially one who feeds himself like he'll never have another meal. Yesterday he reached right over the Rastelli guy while he was slicing the steak so he could grab a piece of meat. As if it wouldn't be there after the rep finished slicing. Not a class act at all!

Can you believe it????  I loved the Germack presentation and the Squirrel Brand where he reached right in front of the vendor to grab a handful of nuts, etc.  Couldn't believe my eyes.  But I really shouldn't be surprised.

Esteemed Contributor

I stated my believed reason in a previous post.  I am writing this one to throw out soe examples of how it could still be conveyed how delicious th food is without the antics used presently.  

Many of you have probably seen The Great British Baking Show.  If not, allow me to express how dignified the judges, Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, are when they slice and bite into the entries. More often than not the camera cuts away from a direct shot of their faces as they are chewing, and the bite is swallowed before they say another word.  The point is they use words to convey the taste.  We must be quite a sharp audience to get the point that something tasted incredible just hearing words to describe itt with no sily faces.Woman Wink

Even on Master Chef (which I don't think highly of as a show), the judges taste a variety of dishes every episode without making faces and talking with food in their mouths.  I'm sure over the years, many of the contestants have presented them with food they would love to sit down and gorge.  

Super Contributor

Those shows aren't live nor or they selling anything

Honored Contributor

Re: Manners lacking....

[ Edited ]

@Snowhite714

QVC must deliberately starve their food show hosts.  Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@sunchild wrote:

Can you believe it????  I loved the Germack presentation and the Squirrel Brand where he reached right in front of the vendor to grab a handful of nuts, etc.  Couldn't believe my eyes.  But I really shouldn't be surprised.

@sunchild

@Snowhite714

Agreed.   My reaction . . . 

full house jodie sweetin how rude stephanie tanner no notes

Occasional Visitor

The female host for the Sleep Number bed, on Sunday night, continued to interrupt the man who was showcasing the bed. She kept laughing, and squealing while this poor man was trying to present his product. PLEASE, PLEASE producers...remind these over-zealous hosts to tone it down, and show some respect for the presenters, who have a limited amount of time to sell their product. 

Regular Contributor

I'm quite sure the open mouth food behavior is a selling tactic. As in this food is so yummy you have to buy it and in multiples. How about auto delivery! This food is so good buy this cook book or cooking appliance or gadget!  Do a search about QVC and its secrets. Every time David does his happy dance more products are sold so that's why David does that goofy dance. The producers tell him through his ear piece to break into dance.

I barely watch the q but I know of Quacker Factory and have randomly caught a few shows here and there and I gotta ask why do they always have to have a buffet of food? How do clothes have anything to do with food? Since QF caters to the larger girls I also gotta say having a food buffet in every presentation isn't doing anything towards quashing the stereotype of girls are big because they like to eat. 

Esteemed Contributor

leighagemini wrote:

Those shows aren't live nor or they selling anything

If taped food program wanted to show their hosts and judges gourging food they would  Being taped would have no bearing on staging it this way. My whole point is related to how the productions are staged. They programs I mentioned have chosen not to do that, just as QVC chooses to show their salespeople greedily going after the food. 

The point we agree on is sales