Occasional Contributor

Manicures Mandatory for all hosts ????

Is it too much to ask that all the hosts have manicures? When they show close ups of the hosts hands and their nails are different lengths and unpolished it just looks unprofessional. QVC is big business and I think it should be mandatory. I'm in sales and I always make sure my nails are manicured and look neat and professional. Hosts on other shopping channels seem to care a lot more about their appreance. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Manicures Mandatory for all hosts ????

We will add this to "The List."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Here, here!   ITA

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

Men, too, and that should include the vendors.

Honored Contributor

I've seen a lot of programs and many hosts.  I don't recall ever seeing one with unmanicured nails.  I don't agree that the need to polished but they should be well kept.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I got a chuckle reading this topic. It reminded me of the time HSN showed Wolfgang Puck's hands up close as he was making some food. It was not a pretty sight. I have a hard time watching him after seeing his filthy nails.

I haven't noticed any issues with the show hosts hands on any of the shopping channels I watch but now I'll be on the lookout.

Esteemed Contributor

Unkempt nails has always been a thorn in my side...with male and female hosts....and vendors...I don't want to see close ups of your raggedy nails because your too lazy to have them done...

Its a real turn off when the ones that deal with the food have dirty nails...there is one at the Q who always has dirty nails...I can't watch him...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now, this post was unexpected. ;-)

Does anyone watch for items being sold? People must be watching up close and personal, looking for something else than products.

Required equipment for watching the Q:

hand fans

smelling salts

pearls (for clutching) and

monocles

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Contributor

I agree I would not want to look at someone's "unkept" fingernails,if they are handling food. Although I must admit I can polish my nails with "hardening, stregnthening,ect." polish. I have my hands in cleaner/water a lot so the polish doesn't always last. My nails are brittle,weak and sometimes crack/break from this. I have noticed a few times when a host may have polish flaking. I thought L.R. kept her nails beautifully. I've seen complaints they were "out of date,ect". I believe, in my own opinion and I am sure there are others that agree the hosts are mothers, clean their own homes and various tasks that may cause their nails to not be "perfect".  In my world/life people don't polish, get mani/pedi's. They can't afford it, even if they wanted.  Is it that "appalling" just because someone's nails aren't perfect to eaches liking we need to complain about something so petty? There are people starving, being abused, floods,ect in the world. I'm not trying to start a big fight/ argument. Just stating my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

They could wear plastic gloves like deli clerks..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥