Occasional Visitor
Please consider having all varies foundation shades of what ever brand you’re selling swatched on one hand so that we can feel a little more confident selecting shade —take a tip from beauty gurus from YouTube
Respected Contributor

Re: Makeup foundation shades

This would be helpful as it’s easier to see if a shade is pink, yellow, or neutral when they are swatched beside each other.. They do it for eyeshadow, lipstick, and eyeliner. 

Honored Contributor

And their "this foundation is very forgiving" line is a bunch of bull to get you to choose another shade when they don't have the shade you really need.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

And their "this foundation is very forgiving" line is a bunch of bull to get you to choose another shade when they don't have the shade you really need.

@faeriemoon I agree. Foundation with the wrong undertones or depth of pigment looks ghostly or clownish. I don’t fall for that sales pitch either.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

ITA!! Not to mention all the shades are YELLOW!!!  The Q doesn't seem to understand not everyone has warm skin tones.

Honored Contributor

Excellent suggestion.  I have been suggesting this for a few years and they still refuse to show samples of the foundation on a hand or even a piece of paper.  It's extremely difficult to see the shades on a model. It's completely useless and I'm sure they would cut down on returns by doing this.